BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You can now order the forum stickers. Login and go to the "members only" forum. This is not available for guests yet....

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Doing the Warranty Work 32 Years Later on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:21 am

beavtm

Not new to K's but after 100K on a 1988 RS-ABS, I went twin. Lately I saw a forlorn K at my dealer that just screamed rescue. So I painted it, put on RS pad/bars, city cases, stock seat, motosport roundels, fixed the buggered speedometer cluster, replaced the fuel cell with a NOS one (full of crap and weeping from a previous repair) and attacked all squawks. Sorry for the R100CS in the pictures. The Last Edition was made 3/84 and my K 10/84. A rather interesting out with the old and in with the new. But not so much as the boxer lives on in a somewhat altered form. I couldn't bare to see this low 16K mile bike, where the owner put 3.5K into it (he got it free in a house purchase as it sat for decades) end up a potential cafe project. He traded it in on a K1600LT and I gave up 2500 dollars to spend another 3K. I think I did good by it although I did use a current color (Chili Red) and manage to dig up a Motad exhaust, saving the stock one for a rogue's gallery of ugly cans.

On a side note I have since added crash bars (found NOS chrome ones (and they powder coat black nicely) - 2 sets left at dealer). But I'm looking for the wind screen that attaches to the headlight shell and possibly the fog/driving lights to round out the factory accessories for whoever ends up with this bike. I tend to like the scavenger hunt part of rebuilds, that's the real challenge.

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
That's a couple af pretty bikes.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

k-rider

Life time member
Life time member
Nice job on the k. And thats a really good looking r bike cheers

K-rider

Grim Rider

I just had my 1990 K1 MOT'd by the local BMW dealers (only because the bike has been living in their showroom over winter) - they also completed some warranty work, replacing the ignition bolts, which was scheduled to be done 26 years ago!

http://www.thegrimrider.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum