BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Cracked R/H footpeg mount Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:10 pm

SteveFord

SteveFord
I'm doing a very slow motion fix up of my 85 K100 and the R/H footpeg bracket was missing a bolt and has a crack running up it which will eventually cause it to break in two.
Looking on eBay I see tons of left hand brackets but no right hand brackets.
Is this a common fault or do people just crash on the right a lot?

2Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Re: Cracked R/H footpeg mount Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:05 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
SteveFor wrote:Looking on eBay I see tons of left hand brackets but no right hand brackets.
Is this a common fault or do people just crash on the right a lot?
Will just the one at this link do, Steve, or are you holding out for a pair of rights to secure your future? The right side does seem the favorite for drops, judging from parts requests.

3Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Re: Cracked R/H footpeg mount Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 pm

SteveFord

SteveFord
Thanks.
It just seems like an odd thing to have that casting crack the way it's doing.
I'm sure the missing bolt didn't help matters any.

4Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Re: Cracked R/H footpeg mount Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:41 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
SteveFord wrote:Thanks.
It just seems like an odd thing to have that casting crack the way it's doing.
I'm sure the missing bolt didn't help matters any.
You could try planing one from highly figured oak or lignum vitae, Steve. It could become a cottage industry.

5Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Re: Cracked R/H footpeg mount Wed May 03, 2017 12:39 pm

KJustin

KJustin
Silver member
Silver member
Steve, I have one, from an 85 K100RT.  Would sell it for half the price of that ebay listing.  I think and mine is in slightly better cosmetic condition as well.  PM if you are interested and we can arrange details.

6Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Re: Cracked R/H footpeg mount Sat May 06, 2017 7:58 pm

SteveFord

SteveFord
Sorry for the delay, PM sent.

7Back to top Go down   Cracked R/H footpeg mount Empty Re: Cracked R/H footpeg mount Sat May 06, 2017 11:35 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
The right ones are more prone to cracking due to the leverage of the brake lever when the bike takes a nap to the right.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]