BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank Empty WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:03 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
I need to get the gas cap on my K75 tank re-chromed and wanted to minimize my bike's down-time.  I'd like to borrow a spare gas cap if someone has one available.  My idea is to :

(1) obtain a spare gas cap and swap with my current cap
(2) send my current cap in for chroming
(3) return the borrowed cap once I get back the finished chromed cap.

Please reply or PM if you can help.  I'm in Toronto, CANADA.

2Back to top Go down   WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank Empty Re: WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank on Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:51 pm

helensmellen

helensmellen
Hi
i know its some time since your post, Dom says you can borrow the spare he has from his poorly K100, if it will fit! lol

3Back to top Go down   WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank Empty Re: WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank on Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:29 am

Davep

Davep
Silver member
Silver member
Not much help to you Robmack I know, but I was just wondering, isn't there an emergency type fuel cap you can get, just a plastic one without keys, almost a plug the locks in place? I'm sure I saw one somewhere on here!

Dave

4Back to top Go down   WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank Empty Re: WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank on Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:12 am

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
helensmellen : Say thank you to Dom for the generous offer. I think I'll ride out the rest of the season with my current gas cap and then send it in for chroming once the riding season is finished. I had enthusiasm to get it done quickly earlier this year, but reality hit - family takes precedence.

DaveP : I haven't seen a plug-type gas cap on this site but I'll look around just out of interest.

5Back to top Go down   WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank Empty Re: WTB: Gas cap for K-bike tank on Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:29 pm

helensmellen

helensmellen
@robmack wrote:helensmellen : Say thank you to Dom for the generous offer.  I think I'll ride out the rest of the season with my current gas cap and then send it in for chroming once the riding season is finished.  I had enthusiasm to get it done quickly earlier this year, but reality hit - family takes precedence.

DaveP : I haven't seen a plug-type gas cap on this site but I'll look around just out of interest.
an old rag and gaffer tape Rolling Eyes ???????

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum