BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Leaky gas tank Empty Leaky gas tank Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:09 pm

TurboBrick

TurboBrick
Hey guys I have gas gushing out of the sending unit. The gasket is in there but it's clearly not working. This is the first time I have put gas in the bike since I had it repainted. Any advice on where to get a gasket or some type of sealer to use?

2Back to top Go down   Leaky gas tank Empty Re: Leaky gas tank Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Have you determined that it is tightly fastened?

It helps readers to know what you're up against if you put your bike's model and year of manufacture in your profile so it shows up in every post.

3Back to top Go down   Leaky gas tank Empty Re: Leaky gas tank Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:22 pm

TurboBrick

TurboBrick
My bad. I will fix that. And yes it is as tight as it will go. My bike is a 1991 BMW k100rs.

4Back to top Go down   Leaky gas tank Empty Re: Leaky gas tank Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
TurboBrick wrote: Any advice on where to get a gasket or some type of sealer to use?
Go to this link, Category 16, Fuel Tank/Attaching Parts/Part #11. With the diameter and thickness measurements, maybe you can find one locally.

It seems to me the seal might not be seated correctly. Did you check that?

5Back to top Go down   Leaky gas tank Empty Re: Leaky gas tank Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:42 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Did you remember to install the big rubber O-ring?

If you did then the old one may have dried out. A new one is only $8 - part 62161459608

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

6Back to top Go down   Leaky gas tank Empty Re: Leaky gas tank Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:43 pm

TurboBrick

TurboBrick
Thanks for the link. And it is seated correctly. It's as if it shrunk from being off the bike for a couple weeks. Don't know if that's possible but oh well. I will find a new one! Thanks for the help.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum