BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Riding gear on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:25 pm

Woodie

Other than a nice modular helmet I haven't made any kind of riding gear purchases.  I can appreciate the need for something that will provide protection in a (hopefully never again) crash but I haven't seen anything that I find really compelling.  Now that summer is here it is very tempting to hit the road in a t shirt and my typical pair of jeans.

Is there anything that is cool to ride in, discrete in appearance and still capable of offering a decent level of protection?  Ideally it will be something that will coordinate well with my Blundstone steel toed motorcycle boots.  Very Happy  I have looked at the Bohn undergarment top and bottom.  That would sort of be the direction I would prefer to head in but I am basing that on no actual experience.

98% of my riding is a daily two way rural commute.  I would love it if you could share your experience and choices.

Thanks, Andrew

2Back to top Go down    Re: Riding gear on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Laitch

Platinum member
Platinum member
Last year I bought an Olympia Motoquest Jacket when Bob's in Maryland USA was closing them out at major discount because Olympia discontinued that model. Go to Revzilla and view the Olympia Expedition jacket video. It's length is shorter but its major features—minus three pockets and a hydration sack—are the same. It's still a popular model. I came through a blowing thunder shower today dry as unbuttered toast.

It's a "system." Every component works as advertised. I'm satisfied. The ventilation options make it comfortable in hot weather, and when its rain jacket is worn over it. It's got a lot of zippers—I've found ~23 on mine so far—so it leaks some air during cold rides but the lightweight jacket makes it comfortable.

Mine's an odd duck of a jacket—long cut and Scream Green—but I'm glad to use it. If it is ever stolen by some colorblind pervert, I think I'll try some gear from Motoport in California. I'd rather use the money for fuel though. Smile

3Back to top Go down    Re: Riding gear on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:44 pm

Woodie

Thanks Laitch.  Do you use anything to protect your legs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum