BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Getting used to new ride on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:33 am

scottd

Getting to know my new ride, a 91 K100LT. Pretty happy with it so far. Lots of character, good power in the top end. Honked the horn a few times trying to cancel the signal though. I've had many bikes including a '73 Bonnie 750, '79 KZ 1000 with shaft drive, and '81 Silverwing - which surprisingly was one of my favorites. This is my first BMW. In what other brand can you get a nearly 30 year old bike that has ABS and fuel injection, none. Happy so far, just need to do a few tweeks to make it my own, and fully commit to it for the next decade or more - is the plan. I appreciate this forum. Happy riding.

2Back to top Go down    Re: Getting used to new ride on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:49 am

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Hello and welcome with your K!

Very good choice a K100, enjoy your rides.

Cheers from germany

Interesting place you're from

3Back to top Go down    Re: Getting used to new ride on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:05 pm

bajaru

@scottd wrote:Getting to know my new ride, a 91 K100LT. Pretty happy with it so far. Lots of character, good power in the top end. Honked the horn a few times trying to cancel the signal though. I've had many bikes including a '73 Bonnie 750, '79 KZ 1000 with shaft drive, and '81 Silverwing - which surprisingly was one of my favorites. This is my first BMW. In what other brand can you get a nearly 30 year old bike that has ABS and fuel injection, none. Happy so far, just need to do a few tweeks to make it my own, and fully commit to it for the next decade or more - is the plan. I appreciate this forum. Happy riding.
Very Happy Yes like me its gonna be a work in progress. Glad you thinking long term ScottD.... I picked up my K75S more than a year ago and it has been a slow albeit enjoyable 'getting to know it'. Had my first roadside issue last weekend, ignition switch decided it had enough, but thankfully a fellow member of this forum helped me get back on the road the day after.

Keep at it, one part at a time and that bike will grow on you, and then she'll eventually be yours. Laughing

4Back to top Go down    Re: Getting used to new ride on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:19 pm

MartinW

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome from the land of OZ.
Regards Martin.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Getting used to new ride on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:06 pm

Woodie

Ahh Saskatoon. That's where I went to when I left home in '82. I lived there for four years. One of the first things I did when I got there was to buy an XJ650 Yamaha. I rode that thing everywhere. Any chance Mcquarries Coffee is still in business? My long term goal is to get on my K100 and not stop until I hit Vancouver Island.

6Back to top Go down    Re: Getting used to new ride on Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:59 am

td5

Silver member
Silver member
Have a good look around as there is tons of info and don't be afraid to ask as the guys here are fantastic.

1988 / K100RS
2003 / R1150R
2003 / K1200RS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum