BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You can now order the forum stickers. Login and go to the "members only" forum. This is not available for guests yet....

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    New member from Portland oregon on Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:28 am

Semlisun

Hello everyone, my name is Simon and a recently picked up a 1988 K100rs. It has 81,000 on the odometer and what looks to be a small oil leak from the back of the engine. Might be a clutch boot or rear main seal.
The only experience I have so far is I rebuilt a 1978 Honda cb750 and but I really like the look of the k100 and when the time was right was able to pick one up for a great deal.

I am planning to replace all the rubber, clutch, rear main seal and all the oils and fluids.
With this I will also do the spline lube.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2Back to top Go down    Re: New member from Portland oregon on Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:23 am

duck

Life time member
Life time member
WelKome from another Pacific Northwet member.

I wouldn't replace the rear main seal unless it's leaking. A common source for oil leaks at the rear of the engine is the clutch nut O-ring. Once you take the transmission off to access the clutch you will know what the cause of your oil leak is.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

3Back to top Go down    Re: New member from Portland oregon on Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Semlisun

Thank you!
That's exactly what I was going to do. Just assess it when I get into it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum