View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   CLUTCH Empty CLUTCH Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:45 pm

BIG D

BIG D
Life time member
Life time member
CLUTCH Icon_cool

Hi Folks,

Well I got into pulling the old girl apart, diff out splines in good condition having been re-greased before [good to know], then the swing arm and shaft again evidense of having been greased and all in good nick,
swing arm bearings ok [good job as I beleive they are not available from bearing merchants only BM].
So next I remove the gearbox to check the clutch, evidense of having the splines greased but I was going to have a look see the condition of the plate, the machine has done 45000 what I would like to know from any one who has done this before is how did you lock the engine prior to undoing the six bolts holding the clutch, I do not wish to be heavy handed and damage anything.
Then on the rebuild I can re-grease the shafts and splines with the Rocol 50% molybium I aquired.

BIG D

2Back to top Go down   CLUTCH Empty Re: CLUTCH Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi BIG D,
Did you get a copy of the manual and read it there are two well known ones the Haynes and the US one. I have the Haynes and it is downloadable form the section on this forum where you can do that. (Trying to avoid giving the address to the bots)
Regards,
K-BIKE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum