BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty i'm amazed!! Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:35 am

k-rider

k-rider
Life time member
Life time member
during these last few months , my k100 2 valve ,have been running more and more ruoghly , and even noisier than it used to , about a week ago i decided that maybe  changing the spark plugs , and cleaning the leads and caps would remedy the problem , it  didnt .

today i had a little spare time  cheers, and decided to do a sync of the TB's, hmm , that didnt help either, then took some flammeable contact cleaner , and sprayed around the injectors , and hey , spraying at #1 and 2 , did make the engine rev a little faster.
mind you these injectors where only installed 3 years ago ,reconditioned 4 pintle spray pattern of course with new o-rings and filters. the o-rings where very spongy , but didnt look cracked, only did about 60000 kms , shouldnt they last longer than that? 
well , of with the injector rail ,  i had some new RED o-rings , so it was a simple swap,clean of the gunk from the cylinder head ,reinstall the rail, and of for a test ride ,
and it is as if i have a new engine , it runs sooo smooth and quiet ,even the gear change seems better ,  well that last bit might be imagination, 
but it truly amazes me that those 2 little rubber things will have such a big effect to the engine 

have a nice sunday

k-rider

2Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty Re: i'm amazed!! Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:08 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
This is interesting, mine is getting rougher as time goes by and it is surely all these rubbery bits perishing. Yet another little bit to add to the list!

3Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty Well Done! Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:18 pm

tagaz

tagaz
Silver member
Silver member
Congratulations, another happy ending.
"And They Rode Happily Ever After".

4Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty Re: i'm amazed!! Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:59 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Well done k-rider and thanks for passing on the information.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty Re: i'm amazed!! Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:47 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It is very easy for these type of issues to creep up on you. When I worked for Honda we had many bikes come through the workshop that were traded because they were "knackered" only to find that it was very simple things wrong and a fairly cheap fix. Quite a few of the mechanics there ended up with very good bikes after buying these "knackered" bikes for the trade in price then fixing them.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty re: i'm amazed Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:22 am

audibob

audibob
Life time member
Life time member
Thank you k- rider for reminding me to check my injector 0 rings for leakage.  I have been chasing a missfire when my engine warms up. although she pulls well and is really smooth at all speeds. 

I have a list of the usual suspects including spraying around the intake stubs, but had completely forgot about the injector seals...I intend to replace or have  injectors cleaned anyway , so new o rings would have been fitted at some stage .

I will check them for leaks today...thanks again for reminding me.  

Snod...if you need the use of a carb tune set  to balance your tbs, I have them . You are more than welcome to bring your rs to me and use my garage .

Im not far from you.

Bob

Triumph T 140V Bonneville
Triumph T150 Trident
Honda CB750 F1
Cz 175
Yamaha XS 750
R 100/7
R 80
K100 LT
K100 LT current bike

7Back to top Go down   i'm amazed!! Empty Re: i'm amazed!! Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:20 pm

k-rider

k-rider
Life time member
Life time member
tagaz wrote:Congratulations, another happy ending.
"And They Rode Happily Ever After".
hopefully .... 
but probably not Very Happy

k-rider

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum