BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Rubber piece in Petrol tank Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:35 pm

Ringfad

Ringfad
Life time member
Life time member
If you find one of these in the bottom of your petrol tank

Rubber piece in Petrol tank Rubber10

It comes from here. Centre of picture

Rubber piece in Petrol tank Tank10

First picture from New Zealand - second from Ireland  ;BMW;

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 60K Km     ;BMW;  K1100RS Black 1996       ;BMW; K1 Blue 1990 25K Miles

2Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:42 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Anti vibration damper it goes on the edge of the pump mounting plate slides on between it and the tank.
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:42 am

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
MartinW wrote:Anti vibration damper it goes on the edge of the pump mounting plate slides on between it and the tank.
Regards Martin.
Yes it does, and thank you to Simon for posting this. It was floating about in the bottom of my K1 tank with absolutely no idea where it belonged!

1984 K100RS. Madison silver.
2002 K1200RS. Owned from new. Pacific Blue, Ohlins, Speiglers, Fiamms, HID. 186,000km SOLD Crying or Very sad
1991 K1. Schwartz metallic black, 18 month frame off restoration. 74,000km SOLD Crying or Very sad
1987 K100RS Style. Black, Ohlins, Race Tech springs, Braided lines. Fully restored. 53,000 miles. SOLD Crying or Very sad
The family history:
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads ride
1953 Triumph Terrier - my Mum's ride
1916 Triumph Type H, Battle of the Somme, France WW1 - my Grandads ride

4Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:58 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I have given up with those things they seem to end up in the bottom of the tank very quickly so stuffem they can stay there

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:03 am

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
RicK G wrote:I have given up with those things they seem to end up in the bottom of the tank very quickly so stuffem they can stay there
Yeah, well, I kinda see where your coming from Rick. It was a bit of a bitch to fit it back where it belongs and did wonder how it managed to dislodged itself. Anyway, it's back where it belongs for now and the same piece in my K100RS tank is still in place so we will see how long it stays there.

1984 K100RS. Madison silver.
2002 K1200RS. Owned from new. Pacific Blue, Ohlins, Speiglers, Fiamms, HID. 186,000km SOLD Crying or Very sad
1991 K1. Schwartz metallic black, 18 month frame off restoration. 74,000km SOLD Crying or Very sad
1987 K100RS Style. Black, Ohlins, Race Tech springs, Braided lines. Fully restored. 53,000 miles. SOLD Crying or Very sad
The family history:
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads ride
1953 Triumph Terrier - my Mum's ride
1916 Triumph Type H, Battle of the Somme, France WW1 - my Grandads ride

6Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:10 pm

kiekuut

kiekuut
Thanks   I  could  not  place  them

7Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:44 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
I found mine in the bottom of the tank. I assume its ok to throw them in the bin, where they will do more good than at the bottom of the tank?

8Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:58 am

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
MarcS wrote:I found mine in the bottom of the tank. I assume its ok to throw them in the bin,

Have you read the first post?

9Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:47 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
RicK G wrote:I have given up with those things they seem to end up in the bottom of the tank very quickly so stuffem they can stay there
I probably should not have written this as there is a good reason for having the bit there but I became so frustrated with putting the damn thing back I gave up. That was on the K1100 the K75 still has it in place.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

10Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
Inge K. wrote:
MarcS wrote:I found mine in the bottom of the tank. I assume its ok to throw them in the bin,

Have you read the first post?

Obviously.

Is there any real need for these? I understand that they are a vibration damper for the fuel pump, but what are the consequences of leaving them off. I am not looking for a description of what "might" happen. Has anyone left them off for a period of time to see what happens?

11Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
In 2011 I found it in the bottom of the tank and unsuccessfully tried to put it back several times so it has now been 7 years without one

12Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:41 pm

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
RicK G wrote:In 2011 I found it in the bottom of the tank and unsuccessfully tried to put it back several times so it has now been 7 years without one

Thanks mate.

13Back to top Go down   Rubber piece in Petrol tank Empty Re: Rubber piece in Petrol tank Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:41 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
bit late to pipe in …]but I have suspicion its to take the sharp edge off the fuel pump mount ..incase of an off event
I would imagine that the mount would perforate the outer skin of the tank in an accident to the left hand side of the tank

mine has been missing since 2010 ….lol

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum