BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   ABS issue on 91 K100RS Empty ABS issue on 91 K100RS Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Overkill

Overkill
Hello,

My son and I have a 91 K100rs that has been stored for many years. He is getting married soon and as one of my presents to him I have decided to get the bike running in good condition again. I pulled it out of storage to find everything in the gas tank to be junk.

I replaced the fuel pump,filter, lines and sending unit. I then rebuilt the front master cylinder and installed a new battery. It had new tires four years ago when put away inside so those seem fine.The bike starts and runs great. But I have an ABS light that wont go out even at speed.

I purchased a code reader and reset the abs and the motronic unit. The ABS wont reset and was flashing a code 6 (ABS relay) until I tried to reset the ABS and now it flashes a code 7 (ABS computer). I recently had carpel tunnel surgery and as my hand is done for the day I was hoping someone could help tell me common things to look for at this point so I have some idea where to start when my hand recovers again!

Thanks so much for any thought you can give me!

2Back to top Go down   ABS issue on 91 K100RS Empty Re: ABS issue on 91 K100RS Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:57 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Step 1: Make sure you're using a good, fully charged battery.  ABS brains can be finicky otherwise.

More here: http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/abs/abs.htm

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: