BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Plastic Switches on Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm

GF Wollongong

Silver member
Silver member
The school I work at has a 3D printer and the techie is very amenable....got me thinking.

Apart from the ubiquitous starter button, what other plastics commonly need replacing on BMW?

I am noticing the handlebar plastics losing colour (indicator switches and headlights)

There's that piss poor cheap black dash-board plastic (probably too big to duplicate)

The only other thing that jumps at me is brake master cylinder (esp rear) but they are available online cheaply.

Of course any duplication requires a good original. The plastic will need to be UV safe...

Anything else?

Time for some enquiries

Regards

Guy

2Back to top Go down    Re: Plastic Switches on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:39 pm

MartinW

Platinum member
Platinum member
Guy the white plastic part on the back of the ignition barrel would be an ideal project. They are known to disintegrate and are not available separate. The price of a complete ignition switch probably requires the selling of a body part. it is one of those parts that would be good to have in stock.
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Plastic Switches on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:53 pm

GF Wollongong

Silver member
Silver member
There is a local "filament" 3D printer supplier my school uses and i am trying to get hold of him.

He is moving out of the filmament market and into education - so he is trying to clear his stock. $20 - 30 per roll I was told.

Just hope he has some UV stable in the right colour for me to hoard.

I will try the techie at work for scanning and printing. This supplier is an engineer and might help if needed

I will put the white ignition thing onto the list or projects

Thanks

Guy

4Back to top Go down    Re: Plastic Switches on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:54 pm

MartinW

Platinum member
Platinum member
Guy while not critical like the part on the ignition switch, you could also look at the black ignition switch surround and the plastic part that goes on top of the fast idle lever. And I've also seen a few requests for hub caps. I'm sure if you look at your Brick you will find heaps more. If you do the ignition part give me a price I might be interested.
Regards Martin.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum