BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes Empty K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes on Sat Oct 14 2017, 16:06

Jan13

Jan13
Hi, I have an A reg BMW K100RS and on the logbook it says blue, I want to change it to the mother of pearl white and would need some graphics and pinstripes for it. Can anyone help and tell me where I can buy a set please. 

Would changing the original colour affect the value also?
It has some new clocks saying 45K but I think its only done about 30

Cheers

2Back to top Go down   K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes Empty Re: K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes on Sun Oct 15 2017, 02:59

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Jan, 

These may point you in the right direction.  

http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/colourschemes.htm 

http://www.heritagestickers.eu/cat/product-category/k-series/ 

The owner of heritage stickers is a member of this forum and pops in from time to time.  

Cheers, Dave.

3Back to top Go down   K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes Empty Re: K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes on Sun Oct 15 2017, 11:46

Jan13

Jan13
Thanks, I will have a look

4Back to top Go down   K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes Empty Re: K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes on Sun Oct 15 2017, 17:25

Bonzo

Bonzo
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Jan

I'm sure the pinstriping (more so on the fuel tank) was handpainted, but could be wrong. My 90 16v was originally pearl silver with blue pinstriping, but I had it repainted it to my preferred colour black.

Cant see it devaluing it much if its a good paint job. They're hardly worth a fortune and you're unlikely to recoup the cost of painting it anyway.

5Back to top Go down   K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes Empty Re: K100RS Graphics and Pinstripes on Tue Oct 17 2017, 04:20

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
On the other hand, if a purchaser was after a particular oem colour scheme they will want it confirmed by the number under the seat. They may avoid it if not original. Then again, if you are not going to sell it in the foreseeable future, then go for it, and enjoy it.

1987 K100RS Style. Black, Ohlins, Race Tech springs, Braided lines. Fully restored. 53,000 miles. 
The family history:
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads ride
1953 Triumph Terrier - my Mum's ride
1916 Triumph Type H, Battle of the Somme, France WW1 - my Grand dads ride

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum