BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
I've just collected a 27141 miles K1200RS engine, gearbox, loom, ECU, throttle bodies and oil cooler that came my way because I asked if a guy breaking a KRS had anything left-it's always worth the question.
I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet but I'm sure I'll think of something. Very Happy

charlie99

VIP
VIP
wow!!...what a win

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
It is Charlie. I wanted to use the 6 speed gearbox but in all honesty I can't be bothered with the fabrication involved-I have too many projects on the go already. lol!

Two Wheels Better

With a five speed 'bellhousing' and bits of K11 & K12 clutch it'll bolt right in to any K100/K1100 frame. It's an instant 130hp +/- from the usual 90/100hp...and the torque increase alone makes it worth it.

'87 K100RS, '93 K1100RS frame with '02 K1200RS motor, brakes & wheels, aka the†Big Block.

Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. ~E.L. Doctorow

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@Two Wheels Better wrote:With a five speed 'bellhousing' and bits of K11 & K12 clutch it'll bolt right in to any K100/K1100 frame. It's an instant 130hp +/- from the usual 90/100hp...and the torque increase alone makes it worth it.
I do have a spare motor that I could steal a bell housing from so it will end up in one of my Kís-probably my Flying Brick track bike.†
Iím also accumulating parts for a naked K special so it may end up in that too. Itís fate will be decided when I try the Flying Brick after rebuilding it when a cylinder head gasket failed †earlier this year. I took the opportunity to clean the ports up and polish all the valves so Iím hoping for a slight performance gain as there was lots of thick carbon everywhere inside the ports and on the valve heads.†
The only difference between the 1100 and 1200 motors I have is 100cc as the 1100 has 1200 cams, throttle bodies and oil cooler.†

I wonder what different the long stroke 1200 lump would have over my present 1200ised 1100?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum