BMW K bikes (Bricks)


You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down    Finding a Colour Code??? on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:14 pm

DBRMN

avatar
active member
active member
Hey Guys, I am desperate to find the colour code from this beautiful Cafe Racer project I found. I am assuming the colour is custom so I'm trying to find the closest next best thing, for example a factory stock car with the same colour. I've already attempted to contact the company who made the bike but they are a small Spanish Company and haven't replied in weeks. Heres the bike:

    

2Back to top Go down    Re: Finding a Colour Code??? on Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Laitch

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@DBRMN wrote:Hey Guys, I am desperate to find the colour code from this beautiful Cafe Racer project I found. I am assuming the colour is custom so I'm trying to find the closest next best thing, for example a factory stock car with the same colour.
It's difficult to really know the actual color because computer monitors vary, and the reflections in the paint itself modify its hue. The 1990 color of the R80RT on this page from Phil Hawksley—Bermuda blue metallic 644—resembles it.


__________________________________________________
1995 K75T 68,000 miles
    

3Back to top Go down    Re: Finding a Colour Code??? on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:36 pm

Point-Seven-five

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
take a part with the color you want to copy around to some shops that mix automotive paint for the collision shop industry.

They all have computer color matching systems now that can reproduce virtually any color you bring in. 

Having the BMW color code does not necessarily mean you can get a good match.  Many of the BMW colors are proprietary BASF mixtures and aren't found in the recipe books in the local paint mixers.  You probably have to go to a BASF paint distributor and pay an inflated price to get the "Official" mix, but if you get a computer match you can get a DuPont or PPG, etc. blend for a lot less.


__________________________________________________
Present:
1994 K75RT
1994 K75S
1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175
    

4Back to top Go down    Re: Finding a Colour Code??? on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:12 am

DBRMN

avatar
active member
active member
@Laitch wrote:
@DBRMN wrote:Hey Guys, I am desperate to find the colour code from this beautiful Cafe Racer project I found. I am assuming the colour is custom so I'm trying to find the closest next best thing, for example a factory stock car with the same colour.
It's difficult to really know the actual color because computer monitors vary, and the reflections in the paint itself modify its hue. The 1990 color of the R80RT on this page from Phil Hawksley—Bermuda blue metallic 644—resembles it.
Yes it does not many good pictures of this colour out there though sadly.

    

5Back to top Go down    Re: Finding a Colour Code??? on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:12 am

DBRMN

avatar
active member
active member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:take a part with the color you want to copy around to some shops that mix automotive paint for the collision shop industry.

They all have computer color matching systems now that can reproduce virtually any color you bring in. 

Having the BMW color code does not necessarily mean you can get a good match.  Many of the BMW colors are proprietary BASF mixtures and aren't found in the recipe books in the local paint mixers.  You probably have to go to a BASF paint distributor and pay an inflated price to get the "Official" mix, but if you get a computer match you can get a DuPont or PPG, etc. blend for a lot less.
If only I had this bikes tank I would be sorted.

    

Sponsored content


    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum