BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   The New Tires(an update) Empty The New Tires(an update) Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm

yamaguzzi

yamaguzzi
Life time member
Life time member
Last week I had some time and the new Avons were here so I mounted them on the bike.I only had a chance to go for a short test ride around town but it felt pretty good.Well,today it was sunny and 45 degrees F outside so I put on my leathers and hit the high way.WOW ! It's a different bike.I love it ! Went for a nice 75 mile ride on mostly high way cruising at 70 and at times 80 mph.The bike handles like a dream now.It corners well and even with the crappy suspension the overall ride is better.The new brake pads are in the mail and with any luck will be here in the next day or two. So far I put a little over a thousand miles on this thing and each time I run her she seems to run better.So,there you have it,my progress report.With some luck and global warming  being what it is I may actually get to ride all winter long but not on the K too much.I want to save these new tires for travel next summer so it will only be test rides on her but that's ok,the chrome bores in my Moto Guzzi can't really sit for more than a week or two . What I learned early on owning it is that if you let them sit the chrome flakes off but it doesn't with continued use so I ride the balls off it to keep it running good .

2Back to top Go down   The New Tires(an update) Empty Re: The New Tires(an update) Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:06 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
The New Tires(an update) 44271 The New Tires(an update) 112350

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum