BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

peterbmw

Hi
If you have ever removed a perished fuel pump dampener/rubber that has died due to old fuel and forgot to wear rubber gloves you will know how hard the black goo is to remove off your hands.
Good trick is to spray your hands with carbie cleaner and wipe off with a clean rag and then wash thoroughly.
I thought this carbie cleaner may also free up seized fuel pumps but no luck.....
If anyone has any ideas for the pumps please advise.
Many thanks
Peter

Last edited by peterbmw on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add re wash hands)

RicK G

VIP
VIP
If it's full of black goo feed it to the rubbish bin, it'll keep giving you trouble.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

3Back to top Go down    Black goo on Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:47 am

peterbmw

Thanks. Agree. I was mainly talking about if you remove the softened/perished one and clean out the tank you get it on your hands and need to clean it off.
When the tank is clean install a new one.
Peter

Garyk100

Platinum member
Platinum member
Yes the carby cleaner is good stuff, burns your hands if not washed off I found, I bought a cheap pump off eBay, so far it runs fine and is very quiet, I did not think it was working it's that quiet
This is the one I bought but he also has the larger one for $125

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-43mm-Fuel-Pump/263223812230?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Last edited by Garyk100 on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the web thingy)

1991 K100rs16v
1993 K1100LT

5Back to top Go down    Fuel pump dampener on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:16 am

peterbmw

Yes have to wash off. I bought a similarpump off Ebay for a late K1100LT but not tried it.
I also purchased a 52mm one there for $78 and it works well.
I need the 52mm dampener. Has anyone had any luck finding a replacement or material that will do the job? OEM's are quite expensive.
Thanks
Peter

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
That black goo is dangerous stuff too. Gets absorbed through the skin. Get rid of it as fast as you can.

7Back to top Go down    Black goo on Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:40 am

peterbmw

Great advice thank you.

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
Apparently Euro Moto electrics make a more resistant damper and they also do the filter socks. Seehttp://www.euromotoelectrics.com/ I am currently running a Chinese copy of the OEM pump bought of Aliexpress from a manufacturer of the pumps. Very quiet compared to the OEM and slight difference in the pickup area which does not effect the fitting.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-52MM-Motorcycle-Fuel-Pump-For-BMW-K75-K100-K1100-K1-LT-RS-K1100LT-1984-1996/32833121206.html?
Beijing Global Auto Parts is one of the leading trade companies in mainland China and a member of the Chinese Commercial Vehicle Parts Market Federation, specializing in commercial vehicle and diesel engine parts. We provide export services to many of our clients worldwide including the Middle East, Europe, Africa, and Southeast Asia. Meanwhile, we have established long-term relationships with over 20 leading diesel engine parts manufacturer in mainland China with effective quality insurance system, like Cummins, Caterpillar, Deutz, Perkins, Komatsu, Isuzu, Steyr and Kamaz.
Our products include nozzles, elements, delivery valves, injectors, pistons, piston rings, cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts, camshafts, turbochargers, fuel injection pumps and feed pumps. At the same time, we have good relationship with automotive companies in mainland China and our supplier, including FAW, DFM, CNHTC (Steyr, Howo), Foton (Auman), Shanxi (SX, Steyr), Yuchai, Weichai and DCEC (Cummins). With their assistance, we can provide pure China-made automotive parts and components.
Regards Martin.

Last edited by MartinW on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad link)

9Back to top Go down    Fuel Pump on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:05 am

peterbmw

Hi Martin.
Yes the dampeners are cheaper thanks.
I tried to buy 2 of the pumps but when registering it would not allow me to enter my town against my postcode. Had a default town list for NSW that did not include my town. Can only select other and then can not add the correct town. Went to help re chat to them, went around in circles trying to contact them so gave up. Thanks anyway.
Peter

td5

Silver member
Silver member
Hi folks,
All good, but gloves do solve problems, and dare I say it a good barrier cream works wonders.

1988 / K100RS
2003 / R1150R
2015 / K1300R

chris846

Silver member
Silver member
I wouldn't recommend this for your hands but..

If the tank is in a poor state - gummy fuel and 'black goo', turn it upside down and feed it steam from one of the cheap wallpaper steamers for a few hours. Worked for me.

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
Peter I have bought pumps of them twice no problems, for a mate. However one of the guys on another BMW site has bought one from Pabokay on Aliexpress.https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-52mm-motorcycle-fuel-pump-16121461576-0580-463-999-16121460452-for-BMW-K1-K100-k1100/32750356814.html?
He has so far reported no trouble.http://www.motobrick.com/index.php/topic,10054.msg86054.html#msg86054
Regards Martin.

13Back to top Go down    Fuel pump on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:25 pm

peterbmw

Thanks Martin. I am sure the pumps are fine. It is just an issue with their system that they don't have my town on their listing. I want the right address to ensure the parts don't get delivered incorrectly. I will try again to contact them.
Thank you
Peter

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
You could always get them sent to a friend or relative who resides in a town on their list.
Regards Martin.

15Back to top Go down    Fuel pumps on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:56 am

peterbmw

Good idea. Thanks.
Peter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum