BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New radio on a LT Empty New radio on a LT Sun 10 Dec 2017, 13:18

StefanMajonez

StefanMajonez
Hi!

One of the (surprisingly few) things I plan to do to my new-to-me K1100LT this winter is a proper audio system. As you can see, the radio is installed and works like a charm. It's a modern radio that has an AUX input port, a USB port it can play from, and also Bluetooth and - the most amazing thing - a bluetooth-connected Android app that can directly control the radio, including the volume.

The problem I have right now is that the speakers themselves aren't very good - they crack and generally sound like crap when I try to up the volume.

What should I look for in new speakers so that they're resistant to the weather? Does anyone have any quality speakers to recommend? I don't really want to spend a fortune on new speakers - I'm aiming at below ~80 EUR for the whole set. Can I get anything good (or at least good value) for that?

New radio on a LT Ptoj539
The radio is a Kenwood KMM-BT203. I just screwed the included case into the BMW radio case, so the radio unit itself is removable - best theft prevention. There's a gap to the right and on the top of the radio, since it's smaller than a BMW radio, that I plan to cover up with some cut, painted and screwed on sheet metal. I also have a separate switch so that I can turn off the radio.

EDIT: 

Previous bike:
1989 Honda CB450S

2Back to top Go down   New radio on a LT Empty Re: New radio on a LT Wed 13 Dec 2017, 16:11

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum