BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

WoodyAUK75

Silver member
Silver member
Hey, I was just watching the Mecum auction on youtube, and I notice this in the description of many bikes.

• Purchases by a Nevada Resident or a Nevada Dealer are on Bill of Sale for display purposes only

Can anyone explain it to me? 
Woody

Laitch

Life time member
Life time member
It means that in Nevada, a purchaser who is a Nevada resident or dealer won't be able to get a registration to operate the bike on a highway there without a Certification of Title or other documents; therefore, it can only be displayed—or stored somewhere. Mecum's disclaimer doesn't address whether there is a title. That detail is up to the prospective purchaser to sort, if the bike purchase is attractive enough.

In certain other states, a Bill of Sale meeting the information requirements of the purchaser's state will be enough proof of ownership for a bike's purchaser to register it for road operation if the bike is old enough to qualify for that consideration. No Certification of Title will be necessary.

WoodyAUK75

Silver member
Silver member
Thanks Laitch, I figured it was something like that, but wondered why Nevada was singled out.

Laitch

Life time member
Life time member
@WoodyAUK75 wrote:. . .  wondered why Nevada was singled out.
Mecum is a traveling enterprise so abides by the rules of the state in which they are conducting the auction and informs the public of them. Maybe auction list you were viewing was an event held in Nevada.

WoodyAUK75

Silver member
Silver member
Certainly was. Thank you.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum