BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump Vibration Damper Gasket Empty Fuel Pump Vibration Damper Gasket Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:12 pm

flyinglow

flyinglow
Silver member
Silver member
I have a 1985 K100RT, manufactured in 11/19/84.  It has  only 30,000 miles but still over 30 years old.  I'm in the process of replacing the fuel filter and internal fuel hoses.  I touched the fuel pump gasket and wow it is pretty gooey, and I see the black rubber bits in the bottom of the tank,  so I best replace it.  I looked at the BMW parts fiche and believe the correct replacement  part is called "fuel pump vibration damper" rather than gasket, pn  16121450712.  Expensive little bugger, about $90.    Is this the correct part?  My local BMW dealer isn't familiar with the old K bikes and I don't want to order the wrong part.  I was surprised the hoses were really cracked so they are also being replaced.  Thanks,

Fuel Pump Vibration Damper Gasket 20180311

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump Vibration Damper Gasket Empty Re: Fuel Pump Vibration Damper Gasket Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Have a look at EME they are a good place to get much of this stuff and heaps cheaper. Probably best to get a fuel pump on fleabay as the price will be better
https://www.euromotoelectrics.com/

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Fuel Pump Vibration Damper Gasket Empty Good Prices Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:21 pm

flyinglow

flyinglow
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks,  I ordered vibration damper from them.  Good prices on lots of stuff.  jim

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum