BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty unfortunate looking Trike on Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member

2Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:12 am

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
It looks safe....on the trailer.

3Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:13 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
I can see your cogs ticking over there Waz .

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
unfortunate looking Trike 10_x_110

4Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 am

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
A well set up ( emphasis on "well") will corner quicker than a sidecar.
On the other hand... just because you can... doesn't mean you should! affraid

5Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 am

Gauntlett

Gauntlett
Ghastly!!!

6Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:58 pm

jalex19100

jalex19100
One has been listed on Craigslist in my area for a while.  I really don't understand the attraction to Trikes.  I can't think of any reason I would want to ride with three wheels (other than the old 3-wheelers that floated on water...those were neat).

Less atrocious - https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bmw-k100-rt-sport-trike/6516565186.html

7Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Ohhh - they can be a lot of fun! I've worked on a couple and there's just something about hanging off the side when hacking round a sharp corner Twisted Evil Twisted Evil That one you've linked to is very well put together - the price is a bit steep though, even when you allow for the IRS.

8Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Saxon7

Saxon7
Life time member
Life time member
@jalex19100 wrote:One has been listed on Craigslist in my area for a while.  I really don't understand the attraction to Trikes.  I can't think of any reason I would want to ride with three wheels (other than the old 3-wheelers that floated on water...those were neat).

Less atrocious - https://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bmw-k100-rt-sport-trike/6516565186.html
 I think you'll find most 3 wheeled options are a response to disability; trikes and sidecars and those silly Can Am things.
Better to have a sidecar than not ride at all.
Plus you can take your dogs.
And the beer.
And the Kräuterschnaps.

9Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:03 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
His missus cracked up when she found out it was single seat so he sold it. What a cockhead. He should have sold her.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

10Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:20 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Well... now you mention it...

11Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty unfortunate looking Trike on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:34 pm

Tom FKR

Tom FKR
Life time member
Life time member
Waz, you are not thinking of triking instead of biking are you???

12Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:48 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
No Tom, three wheels scare me.

13Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:54 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
@Saxon7 wrote:
@jalex19100 wrote:One has been listed on Craigslist in my area for a while.  I really don't understand the attraction to Trikes.  I can't think of any reason I would want to ride with three wheels (other than the old 3-wheelers that floated on water...those were neat).

I think you'll find most 3 wheeled options are a response to disability; trikes and sidecars and those silly Can Am things.
Better to have a sidecar than not ride at all.
Plus you can take your dogs.
And the beer.
And the Kräuterschnaps.

Must be brain damage in my case Smile

I got my first sidecar in '94 (K100RT/HRD) as we heading out to Mt Dare in the Simpson Desert for a trip.  Never went in the end.  But the sidecar was so much fun that I've pretty well had one ever since.  It's taken me lots of places I wouldn't think of taking a big roadbike.  Room for extra fuel, extra food, canine company etc.

No it's not like a a bike anymore, but it's not worse.  Can't lane split or push it through traffic?  Doesn't matter, I don't do traffic anyway and if I was I'd use the slim, agile TDM900 Yamaha that's downstairs too.  Learn how to ride them properly and they aren't slow either.  When you hear the slow/dangerous arguments it's either: the person hasn't learnt how to ride it, inadequate or poor build/setup of the sidecar or it's a Ural(doesn't have any choice but to be slow).

I doubt I'd ever go a trike though, less carrying capacity than a sidecar, no place for the dog and i can't see a 3 track vehicle doing very well on rutted dirt roads.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

unfortunate looking Trike K-dogs10

14Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
@AL-58 wrote:I doubt I'd ever go a trike though, less carrying capacity than a sidecar, no place for the dog and i can't see a 3 track vehicle doing very well on rutted dirt roads.
Now that's something that's always bugged me - piss-poor design on most trikes when it comes to carrying capacity. A complete lack of thought. IRS will sort out the ruts, but I can't help with the dog I'm afraid Laughing

15Back to top Go down   unfortunate looking Trike Empty Re: unfortunate looking Trike on Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
@Dai wrote:
@AL-58 wrote:I doubt I'd ever go a trike though, less carrying capacity than a sidecar, no place for the dog and i can't see a 3 track vehicle doing very well on rutted dirt roads.
Now that's something that's always bugged me - piss-poor design on most trikes when it comes to carrying capacity. A complete lack of thought. IRS will sort out the ruts, but I can't help with the dog I'm afraid Laughing

Its not the rear suspension that's the problem it's the  3 tracks.  Most beaten outback roads end up as two worn ruts with a mound of loose crap in between, A sidecar runs in two tracks, not a problem.  A trike would have one of each rear wheels in a well worn rut and the front wheel in all the loose shit in between.  Steering wouldn't be all that pleasant.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

unfortunate looking Trike K-dogs10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum