BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    K100 project on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:36 am

Neal Cooper

Silver member
Silver member
Hi to all, and Bert, again!
I have been out in the wilderness and am happy to have rejoined this forum.
In my garage I have an incomplete K100 1984 - that is to say I have a few bits missing eg exhaust, seat, headlight. I have a tank with a dent in it and no fuel pump or filler cap...but it's a start.
I got the 'bike' some years ago and am now thinking it needs some attention.
I am going to obtain the V5 document for this machine as it does not currently have one. Background checked and all OK.
I will update as things progress. I may sell it once I have done a few basic things to get it back on its feet, though I fear riding it will be some way off...
I am keen to see exactly what it's going to take to get it up and running again. I am not going to try and make a cafe racer out of it. The engine is said to be low mileage, 13500 or so... is it seized? I don't think so. Are the oils seals dead? I don't know.
I have the little naked headlight cowl and will not be trying to put a full fairing on it. maybe just a headlight and the instrument cluster.
Well, that's all for now - if anyone actually got this far.
Cheers, Neal

2Back to top Go down    Re: K100 project on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:38 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Are you going to document the progress?

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

3Back to top Go down    Project on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:37 am

Neal Cooper

Silver member
Silver member
@Dai wrote: Are you going to document the progress?
Hi, yes I will do... and I hope I will have something to report...
Will post some initial photos soon...

4Back to top Go down    Re: K100 project on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:47 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
WelKome in from the wilderness Neal.
Don't know why you resist .... it's pointless you know the K pox is incurable and only gets worse with time. Best to feed it well and keep it healthy.
Said with an Alfred Hitchcock type voice. lol!

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

5Back to top Go down    Re: K100 project on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Neal Cooper

Silver member
Silver member
@RicK G wrote:WelKome in from the wilderness Neal.
Don't know why you resist .... it's pointless you know the K pox is incurable and only gets worse with time. Best to feed it well and keep it healthy.
Said with an Alfred Hitchcock type voice. lol!
Haha!!! You are right I feel.

6Back to top Go down    Profile picture on Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:54 am

Neal Cooper

Silver member
Silver member
By the way, my profile picture is of an amazing guy who lived next door to us in Greenwich, London in the 1960s and 70s - Stephen Appleby, who had built a kit plane, the Flying Flea which he flew across the Channel to France. He was a CHARACTER I can tell you. I believe the flying flea was banned in England after a number of them turned upside down in mid flight. He got into them when he lived in Beaulieu sur Mer near Nice in the South of France. It was fitted with a Harley Davidson engine I think. Anyway, my picture is in honour of his memory and all those who just love a challenge. I'm not sure my motorcycle fettling skills are up to his skill with aircraft but I am going to make a start on my Kbike as soon as I get home. It may never fly but it just might!

7Back to top Go down    Re: K100 project on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:22 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
You can still get Cri-Cris but the design is somewhat different these days.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

8Back to top Go down    Re: K100 project on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:34 pm

Neal Cooper

Silver member
Silver member
@Dai wrote:You can still get Cri-Cris but the design is somewhat different these days.
They look pretty cool!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum