BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Postman

Postman
Hi!

In my other post I wrote about too much sealant when installing water pump after  repair. I cleaned the pump and installed it again with not too mush sealant. Oil pressure light is glowing all the time.

I changed oil+filter and there was some small pieces(1-3mm) of Permatex in the oil.

Is is possible that some oil channel or metallic sump filter is stucked with Permatex? When I installed pump first time bike was standing about a month before started it first time. If I take oil pressure sensor wire off light goes off.

Is there some sealant in the sensor and that is the reason why it's not working.

What you prefer I should do first?

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
I would definitely pull the sensor and check for something blocking the small hole where the pressure is sensed.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Postman

Postman
Thanks I'll try that and see what happens..

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
Remove the oil pressure switch and see if there is oil behind it, (or silicon stuck in it). If there is, then screw the switch back in about half way. Don't tighten it. Start the bike for a few seconds, and see if oil forces its way out of the threads past the switch. If you have oil pressure it should be almost instantly apparent, since you should have around 4 bar of pressure behind it.

5Back to top Go down   Oil pressure light after water pump replacement Empty Test procedure Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Postman

Postman
I did't both procedures. High pressure air into the hole. Didn't see anything stuck there. I can feel a spring when I push with tiny rod inside to hole. 

1. Put that switch next to engine cover (ground) and pushed switch with rod. I realized that light was glowing very bright and when I pushed the spring in the hole light was darkening little bit but didn't shut off. When I push rod with cartain angle with rod the light disappeared.

2. Loosen the switch about half way and started the engine immediately oil was coming out from threads! So there is oil pressure enough..

I think I should buy a new oil pressure switch. Maybe there has come some damage during few weeks without engine oil when pump was in repair. Or there is some stuff inside the sensor head spring?

I feel happy that I didn't make any permanent damage to my engine I hope Embarassed 

Thanks for Your help Avenger GT and Point-Seven-Five.

Tomorrow I need to find a new switch/sensor.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
The most likely possibility is that the switch has simply rusted up inside. It happens.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Postman

Postman
Dai wrote:The most likely possibility is that the switch has simply rusted up inside. It happens.

That is one option.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum