BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
Hi I am in need of a good ignition key switch and key, and if possible a petrol cap lock to match? am in greater Manchester area UK 
Hopefully some on has what i need! or maybe someone knows where to get a good new replacement cheep?   Thanks K.

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I'm getting some "new" parts soon and may be able to help but I think I'll be out riding next week.

If you get an ignition switch and gas cap that don't match then you can modify the gas cap lock (and some other locks) to match the ignition key.

http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/rekey/rekey.htm

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

92KK 84WW Olaf

92KK 84WW Olaf
Life time member
Life time member
@dakelvinator wrote:Hi I am in need of a good ignition key switch and key, and if possible a petrol cap lock to match? am in greater Manchester area UK 
Hopefully some on has what i need! or maybe someone knows where to get a good new replacement cheep?   Thanks K.

If you already have a petrol cap and lock you can rekey it to suit your new ignition key so you only need the ignition switch and key.

You can also rekey the type 2 and 3 pannier locks and the locks on the fairing storage boxes to suit your new ignition key.

1983 K100RS 0011171 Fricka 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell No 32,600 miles

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
@duck wrote:I'm getting some "new" parts soon and may be able to help but I think I'll be out riding next week.

If you get an ignition switch and gas cap that don't match then you can modify the gas cap lock (and some other locks) to match the ignition key.

http://www.kbikeparts.com/classickbikes.com/ckb.tech/0.ckb.tech.files/rekey/rekey.htm
Thanks for that i did`int realise that could be done thanks .K.

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:
@dakelvinator wrote:Hi I am in need of a good ignition key switch and key, and if possible a petrol cap lock to match? am in greater Manchester area UK 

If you already have a petrol cap and lock you can rekey it to suit your new ignition key so you only need the ignition switch and key.

You can also rekey the type 2 and 3 pannier locks and the locks on the fairing storage boxes to suit your new ignition key.
I will see if i can get a used ignition key and lock and try and rekey the petrol cap thanks k.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum