BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
A big build up to K Fest I think it's fair to say and this is just my own account of the weekend but please feel free contribute.

My bike was ready and waiting and we arrived at the circuit on Thursday night as Debbie (my wife) and I had offered our help to Darin, Caren and Rob the organisers of Endurance legends. They have become good friends of ours and it always a pleasure to help them out and I was organising the holding area.

On my way to the noise test, 118db, it passed easily.

Saturday came and I had two good track sessions but boiled the brake fluid. I changed it for dot5 which improved things for the 3rd session but it wasn't great at the lever. I was talking to a pal directly after that session when I noticed the temperature difference in our tyres-his really warm, mine tepid. I thought overnight and had a pair of Continental Conti Race Endurance tyres fitted.

Waiting for new tyres.

Sunday morning and inspected the brake pads. They were breaking up!

I sourced new pads and fitted them ready for the Sunday afternoon sessions and they were a vast improvement but still not 100% so need to do some work there. The K's a big bus for the track and all that weight takes some stopping.

Sunday's sessions in the Superbike class were great with new rubber, I had some good dices with the likes of RC30's, GSXR 1100's, Ducati's and the like. My K did me proud, not that many came passed us, the K held it's own against arguably better bikes.

Back at home and ready for a bath after a hard weekend defending the K's honour and reputation. Very Happy

The K Fest gathering was quite special. K riders from Ireland and Spain attended, around 40 in total I'm told. All warm and friendly with a common interest-the K.

I only got one photo of the gathering so this is where I'd ask you to step in if you have images and stories to tell. I was flat both days out sorting my bikes unusual behaviour and don't carry my phone-sorry guys.
If you were there it was a pleasure to meet you all and I hope you enjoyed as much as I did.

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Sometimes, Mike, it's the rider and not the bike. A good rider can get some seriously good action out of a supposedly poor bike.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
@Dai wrote:Sometimes, Mike, it's the rider and not the bike. A good rider can get some seriously good action out of a supposedly poor bike.
Very, very true...

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:
@Dai wrote:Sometimes, Mike, it's the rider and not the bike. A good rider can get some seriously good action out of a supposedly poor bike.
Very, very true...
All I can say is that we do like to go out there and have some fun.
I'm not the judge of my own abilities.
Incidentally, they let some the Endurance teams out with us in the Superbike session and one of them came around the outside of me like I was stood still....very humbling!

Point-Seven-five

Life time member
Life time member
Mike, a couple years back I had a chance to ride with a guy who raced for Yamaha back in the day with Kenny Roberts. He said his biggest thrill was the time he finished on the same lap as Kenny.

1992 K100RS

Past:
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:Mike, a couple years back I had a chance to ride with a guy who raced for Yamaha back in the day with Kenny Roberts. He said his biggest thrill was the time he finished on the same lap as Kenny.
I'd be thrilled to finish on the same lap as K.R now.

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:
@Point-Seven-five wrote:Mike, a couple years back I had a chance to ride with a guy who raced for Yamaha back in the day with Kenny Roberts. He said his biggest thrill was the time he finished on the same lap as Kenny.
I'd be thrilled to finish on the same lap as K.R now.

You did a bloody great day too.

Judging by the reaction to the puddings I reckon if we put a pudding on the table for the winner you would be home first. We did notice your generosity in sharing the pudding with Debbie too............

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
The K stayed ahead of some surprising hardware...shades of a Q bike too.

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:The K stayed ahead of some surprising hardware...shades of a Q bike too.

9th is a really good result.

charlie99

VIP
VIP
and third in class

amazing job by Ben and Stacey

did you see the front tyre at the end of the race ...was shagged big time

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
A thought to my mind too. Someone we were really looking forward to meeting.

88 and myselfwere to meet Chris 846 at Betys y Coedat noon on Friday on our way over. Unfortunately he didn't show up and we headed off at 1.15pm.

I hadn't a means of contacting him as we never swapped phone numbers but suspected something had happened.

Anyway I got home late Monday evening so never went near the computer until yesterday. Chris had emailed on Friday evening to say his wife tore her Achilles tendon on Friday morning and spent the day at the hospital getting sorted. Rather unfortunate as thata serious issue.

Nooutings for Chris for a while as he must now do all the vacuuming and housework but he is now working on a K powered robot hoover andmulti chef.

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member

Last edited by 92KK 84WW Olaf on Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

charlie99

VIP
VIP

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
My commiserations to Chris, with any luck Mrs Chris wont make him vacuum and dust her way, but rather let him do things his way.

Those of you thinking about sweeping things under the carpet, shouldn't. Wink

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum