BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Empty INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Sun 20 May 2018, 03:26

markysimon

markysimon
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, had a 1987 K75S  for ten years from brand new, have recently bought an 1991 ABS version. And for what it's worth (not much) I launched/edited Bike, WhichBike?, Motorcycle International and Classic Bike Guide magazines. I still write for Bike, and also for MotorCycle Trader and last autumn launched  my own magazine, The Classic Motoring Review (www.classicmotoringreview.uk)

2Back to top Go down   INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Empty Re: INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Sun 20 May 2018, 03:43

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
INTRODUCTION FROM WALES 177912 You's one up the tree from me - during the Nineties I contributed to Classic Mechanics, Classic Racer, AWOL, BSH and others on a regular freelance basis.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

3Back to top Go down   INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Empty Re: INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Sun 20 May 2018, 03:56

markysimon

markysimon
Dai wrote:INTRODUCTION FROM WALES 177912 You's one up the tree from me - during the Nineties I contributed to Classic Mechanics, Classic Racer, AWOL, BSH and others on a regular freelance basis.
 Tree? More like a greasy pole if you ask me! There's not much future in print journalism anymore, and certainly not a living to be had... more's the pity.  Evil or Very Mad

4Back to top Go down   INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Empty Re: INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Tue 22 May 2018, 09:56

Suzi Q

Suzi Q
Life time member
Life time member
Hiya Mark, you've done the sensible thing and joined the forum. Now you won't have to rely on the made up tosh that I've been peddling to you - there's guys on here who really are experts with these bikes.
chris

Guys, this bloke is a journalism legend and a self-effacing gent to boot. It's a privilege.

Got shocking taste in customised Ks tho'...

5Back to top Go down   INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Empty Re: INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Tue 22 May 2018, 16:12

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Mark welKome to the Knuthaus

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

6Back to top Go down   INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Empty Re: INTRODUCTION FROM WALES Tue 22 May 2018, 16:39

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
markysimon wrote: Tree? More like a greasy pole if you ask me! There's not much future in print journalism anymore, and certainly not a living to be had... more's the pity.  Evil or Very Mad
There's true. I could earn more in six hours' worth of writing on a Saturday than I took home from my full time job at the time. Trouble is, it wasn't guaranteed work.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum