BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:58 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Yep one more ugly shit box for the crusher.  Those fuck wits should walk about with a side cover suspended from a pole by a bit of string chanting "we're all individuals"

52Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
I only saw a hand full of modified Ks That i believed are a work of art. Our original bikes are not perfect, but they don't need to be chopped to improve the quality.
I don't have any problem with people replacing parts to improve the ride quality, but modifying the original look and security features is beyond me. I would love to have ABS even if this is extra weight on the bike.

53Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:57 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I can see the point of people wanting to make a cafe racer but using a K to make one is way beyond my ability to suspend disbelief. A K would have to be one of the most unsuitable bikes for that style. It has a huge "brick" shaped engine which can only be improved by covering it up with a fairing. Even a mother couldn't call that engine lovely. I personally would never make a cafe racer however a vertical single or twin is by far the best for the style.
Even the Boxer twins didn't make the grade to me. What befuddles me most is this world wide craze of making cafe racers from K and Customizing them so that they all look the same.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

54Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:11 am

Saxon7

Platinum member
Platinum member
Another cause of my befuddlement in this cafe racer thingy is the idea that you should remove any roadworthy practicalities such as mudguards, instruments that work just fine as they are, then put on square profile tyres so the bike no longer goes around corners. All this in an effort to make something vaguely reminiscent of an old Brit bike from the 50s. I love old Brit bikes... have owned BSAs, Nortons and Triumphs over the years and loved them all....but a slender, streamlined, light cafe racer a Brick doth not make.
Grumpy old bald fat Sean.
Sean

55Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:30 am

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
In my youth foolishness was a given, I bought a 69 BSA Lightning Café racer. I proceeded to use it to travel between Albury and Melbourne virtually every weekend. After one back and forth trip I concluded I had made a very stupid choice for a long distance mount. The only thing that saved me was the fact I had been given all the standard parts. Over a period of 3 weeks it went back to standard. I sold all the café parts and actually came out of the deal a lot better than I should have.
Regards Martin.

56Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:33 am

Saxon7

Platinum member
Platinum member
Anyone who has ever spent much highway time on a British vertical twin ( A65 or T140 etc) at around 4,000rpm or so will probably testify that at 4 grand, the BMW K100 doesn't really vibrate much at all Smile
Sean

57Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:11 am

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
I got accustomed to having to check things at least once a week after having a few things come adrift. I then found a new use for silastic putting a dab on threads. I also used to chew through headlight globes.
Regards Martin.

58Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
How lucky you were Martin that the generator actually produced enough power to blow a bulb.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

59Back to top Go down    Re: Kustom K's on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:16 am

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
Rick I'm pretty sure they blew due to vibrations.
Regards Martin.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum