BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    New person from Tasmania on Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:38 pm

860steve

Hi, joined the forum to read a blog post from an old friend. We always disagreed on bikes... I like/own old ducatis, he has always been a BMW man.... so when we met recently after a long time, he was surprised to see us on a BM. I see the move to a touring BMW as the natural process of aging....everyone has to grow old, but growing up is optional, so, I still have the bevel ducatis Steve

2Back to top Go down    New persson from Tasmania on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:46 pm

Tom FKR

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum Steve. No such thing as a bad bike. It is just that some are better than others. Lived on Mowbray Launceston many, many many moons ago. Lot of good info on this forum so don't be afraid to ask questions. There is always someone out there with the right answer.

3Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:57 pm

Saxon7

Gold member
Gold member
Hello Steve and welkome to the forum,
I had an 860 (GTE) many moons ago and still miss it sometimes. I sold it in 2005 and it eventually ended up with Phil Aynsely. I think he in turn sold it to a Swiss collector for a ridiculous sum.
Anyway enjoy the forum and beware the K pox.
Sean.

4Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:23 pm

MartinW

Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the asylum from the northern realms.
Regards Martin.

5Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:49 pm

jalex19100

Welcome, Steve! I had a Ducati Monster Dark, years ago. Ducati support and parts were horrible, so I abandoned them and eventually picked up an old BMW. Now I get parts fiche, lots of information and support, and the bike is not bad.

Although, the Ducati was perfect handling.

-Jason

6Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 am

Barry in IN

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome.

7Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 am

Chocolate

Life time member
Life time member
Hello Tasmanian devil!
Welcome from the other side of the world.

Cheers from Germany

Any pictures ?

8Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Hi Ya welKome to the Knuthaus. I saw 860 and immediately thought bet he's a ducati man.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

9Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:14 am

Two Wheels Better

Welcome from a fellow Taswegian. What a great place to ride. I haven't been back there for any real length of time in more than a coupla years but spent my childhood between Trevallyn, Kingston and Dilston. Dad moved us around a fair bit. The A6 wasn't even put through to Kingston when I lived there and you had to take the Taroona highway past the Shot Tower. I reckon you'll find this forum worthy of a read even if it's a Duke you prefer.

'87 K100RS, '93 K1100RS frame with '02 K1200RS motor, brakes & wheels, aka theBig Block.

Writing is like driving at night in the fog. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way. ~E.L. Doctorow

10Back to top Go down    Re: New person from Tasmania on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:46 am

td5

Silver member
Silver member
Welcome, hunt around tons to see

1988 / K100RS
2003 / R1150R
2015 / K1300R

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum