BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Corkboy

Life time member
Life time member
I have just returned from a 2 week trip and wanted to load up the tracklogs (Where I've been) information into Basecamp. It looks like only the last 3 days are available. On investigation it appears to be a memory issue. It also looks like it is not possible to extend the memory for the tracklogs using an SD card. I can put the routes and waypoints stored into the card, but to use them I would have to reload them into memory anyway. Am I stuck or does anybody have a suggestion. I have searched extensively but can't find any information, and I can't be the first one to come across this issue.

Corkboy '87 K100RS SE (The black one - one of the two bikes I'm sorry I sold)
'87 K100RS 0140995 (Gone)
'97 K1100LT 0188024 (Gone)
'08 K1200GT Wedge - but still a K
'08 Transalp 700

Born Again Eccentric

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Corkboy,

The Garmin Zumo definitely stores more than 3 days worth of track log. I have had a look at mine and I have activity logs going back to 14 Apr (the date I had it exchanged with Garmin as the old one went blank screen on me) right though to 29 Jun - that is 51 different riding dates.

In base camp:

• Click on the Zumo icon at the top left of the screen (just below where it says "My Garmin Devices"
  • You should then see a whole load of "Active Log" entries in the window at the bottom of the left side of the screen.
  • Click on any of these individually or a group together and you will see you route on the map to the right.
  • Double click on an active log and you will open a new window which will give you the blow by blow account of that log with data captured every 4 seconds or so

How much data do you need.....

Hope this helps...mine is a Zumo 590 by the way and all this info is stored on the internal memory card. I have used about 50% of the 15GB space (I have all of UK & Ireland Maps as well as all of Australia)! The only thing I have on the SD card is my music collection and that still has 27GB space remaining!!!!

Hope this helps.

Paul

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurancewrite-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donor" K100LT 1990 (Red) (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike). June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)

Corkboy

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Paul,
got it sorted. It is a 390, which obviously has less memory than yours. BaseCamp only loaded the last 3 days, as that was all that was left in internal memory (as the active log)
But by going through windows file explorer, I found that the zumo had archived the remainder of the trip in a gpx file (in an archive directory). It appears to do this automatically when it runs low on space. I was able to import the archive file into BaseCamp which then read it as the remaining tracklog.

I then cleared out all the archives etc. in the Zumo, and found another trick from 'tinternet.

In file explorer, copy (backup) all the voice files on the zumo and delete all the ones you don't need (I kept the three English speaking ones) . This frees up a large amount of additional space.

Thanks,
Fintan

Corkboy '87 K100RS SE (The black one - one of the two bikes I'm sorry I sold)
'87 K100RS 0140995 (Gone)
'97 K1100LT 0188024 (Gone)
'08 K1200GT Wedge - but still a K
'08 Transalp 700

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum