BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    For the Aussie crowd - know this bike??? on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:10 am

ReneZ

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Team,

getting itchy without my touring bike (K1200GT '03), which is still in the USA I came across this (https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2004-bmw-k-1200-gt-(1171)/sse-ad-5268935/#). Need something to join the members here :-)

Anyone familiar with the bike? I'm not worried of the KM's and quite capable of doing some stuff myself, but would appreciate some comments if one of you knows the bike and its history.

Thanks, Rene

RicK G

VIP
VIP
Cant say I know it but there are some members fairly close to it so they may have a look.
Are you in Oz already?

ReneZ

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Rick, yes, have arrived on them shores :-). Living in Airbnb for the time being, looking for a rental close to Port Botany. Cheers, Rene

ReneZ

Life time member
Life time member
Had to do it, bought the bike. Now to get it to Sydney (its in Brisbane) and start enjoying this. Of course still need an Aussie license and insure the bike. Any tips on a reasonable insurer?

Hope to be able to meet a lot of the gang down here soon, will be fun!

Cheers, Rene

Matthew-Brisbane

Gold member
Gold member
I'm sure one of the Brisbane Boy will be willing to ride it down for you
for a one way return flight back.

Where about in Sydney are you go to be living ?

StuartG

Hi ReneZ

Welcome back to Oz

I have just had a bike transported from just north of Brisbane to
the Hunter Valley
I couldn't have been more Happy with the service
The company I used was
"Road Hog Transport"
Ph 07 54433382, - Brisbane
Call Jo or Porky

The service they offer was great they asked me to let them know when i had paid for the bike
within Hours they arrived to collect, they checked VIN No.s with me prior to loading
they sent photos to me with the bike in their possession.

Unable to be home when they delivered, they unloaded on the street at my request and pushed the bike 250m up my rural driveway
and found a hidden Key and put the bike safely in my work shed.(and sms a photo to me)

Great service, I thoroughly recommenced them

All this for $350 +gst

I hope this helps
StuartG

ReneZ

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Stuart and all, sorry for the late response, but meantime I rode it down myself. Thoroughly enjoyed the trip from Brisbane to Tamworth, visiting the family-in-law and continuing the day after to Sydney. Bit nippy at the time (8C) but all in all great.

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029)
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum