BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:38 am

edmundf

edmundf
Silver member
Silver member
Hi all,

I am just confirming i have the layout of the fuel pipes correct - underneath the tank, back right as you are sitting on the bike, there are two small pipes, breather and overflow which line up with the funnel clipped into the frame. On the LHS the front left pipe from the tank goes to the pressure regulator behind the throttle body and then the return line from the fuel injection rail goes back to the pipe on the back left of the tank.

Does this sound right?

I got the bike without any fuel lines so have no reference and any of the photos or schematics i have been looking at are unclear.

Ed

2Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Re: Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:55 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
almost correct terminology

the front tank left hand side is the return ….from the fuel pressure regulator

the rear left hand side front  is the high pressure -feed line to the fuel rail …)on 8 valve k bikes )  ie the front of the fuel rail

the rear of the fuel rail  dives around the back to the fpr …

then returns to the tank ...as above

does that help ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Re: Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:12 am

edmundf

edmundf
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for the response - i am pretty new to K bikes so yep i am making up a lot of this as i go along..

I got a bit lost at 'the rear left hand side front' 

I am asking the question a bit badly i suppose - underneath the tank there are two pipes on the left hand side, where the rubber fuel lines attach. These i understand connect to the front of the fuel injector rail and to the top of the fpr, which goes to which? Smile

best photo i have found showing it is from here https://silodrome.com/bmw-k75/ - i cannot post photos here yet so 14th photo down, when that power unlocks i can upload some.

Ed

4Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Re: Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:22 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
fpr goes to the front tank spigot

rear tank spigot goes to the fuel rail ...front

clear ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

5Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Re: Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:37 am

edmundf

edmundf
Silver member
Silver member
Perfect thanks Smile - hopefully soon i will be able to post photos which will make this a whole lot easier

6Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Re: Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:00 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
Here's a diagram from an online BMW K75/K100 workshop manual.  The pipes are much closer together than drawn here for clarity of their relationship to the system. You should download this manual from the Forum Tech here. It's in the Manuals section. Click the Portal tab to access it. There's a lot of help in the Forum Tech.
Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Screen14

7Back to top Go down   Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Empty Re: Fuel tank pipes '92 K75 Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:09 am

edmundf

edmundf
Silver member
Silver member
@Latich - Cheers, it was that diagram that got me to the question - i just wanted to confirm. The forum has some excellent resources which i am working my way through

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum