BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New to owning the BMW...but Empty New to owning the BMW...but on Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:34 pm

unclebe38

unclebe38
Just purchased this used, very used, 1996 K1100RS that was involved in a hit and run with a DEER.  There was a minimal amount of damage but it seems unique with the parts that broke off.

Run down of items needed help on:
1. Left mirror needed
2. already purchased left fairing piece
3. needed replacement fuel pump and filter, already got that too.
4. left rear turn signal,, ordered.
5. attempted to get all the "green gas" out.
6. The BIG issue is going to be the ABS-1 brakes, there is no pressure ???? do i just go onto U TUBE to figure this one out?

This is the beginning of something new having a BMW......
New to owning the BMW...but 447221New to owning the BMW...but 44271New to owning the BMW...but 25650

2Back to top Go down   New to owning the BMW...but Empty Re: New to owning the BMW...but on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:17 pm

Stumpy

Stumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Get a workshop manual, it will describe the correct procedure on how to rectify the ABS.

3Back to top Go down   New to owning the BMW...but Empty Re: New to owning the BMW...but on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:49 pm

kioolt

kioolt
Silver member
Silver member
Don't let the fact that the bike has ABS-I on it scare you from working on the brakes.  The first thing to do is a simply brake bleed.  It could fix your no pressure problem.  I have a 91 K100LT that I use to ride regularly.  When I took the bike to my second home it will sit for several months without being ridden.  I found I had no pressure on the front brake several times after it sitting for 2 to 3 months.  The strange thing (at least to me) is that it would pump up and hold the pressure if I rode it regularly but would loose pressure when I let it sit for several months while I was gone.  I finally bleed the brakes including the ABS unit near the rear foot pegs and it has been alright since even after sitting for several months.

Total 422,400 BMW miles

AMA,BMWRA,BMWMOA

The cheapest thing on a BMW is the nut that connects the handlebars to the seat.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum