BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty One man's bargain... on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:12 am

This bloke reckons his early K100RS posted on eBay at this price with the panel damage, parts missing and the fairly high amount of mileage is a 'bargain'. I say good luck. Perhaps someone will just have to have it. I suppose the potential for spare parts would be worth the effort if you lived near Melbourne.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/BMW-12-1983-CLASSIC-K100-K100RS-CLEAR-TITLE-BARGAIN-/320575153795?pt=AU_Motorcycles

2Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:38 pm

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
I would say he has no chance, i only paid 772au (£450) for mine running, or are they a lot dearer over the big water in Aus.

3Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:58 pm

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
A 'small fall' on the right side... wonder how many were killed in that crash?

4Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:11 pm

They do tend to cost more here but you can find a bargain now and again. He's off the chart on this damaged beast due to age and mileage amongst other reasons. It'd be good for spares. I saw one go on eBay last year for a eight hundred dollars less with less mileage and far less damage, and it was a later, more desirable(?) model.

5Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:49 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Strangely enough the Red Book value FWIW for these models is about $3500 obviously depending on condition but all cars and bikes secondhand are vastly dearer in Australia compared to the UK especially if you don't compare currencies i.e if 3000 euros/GBP in the UK is equivalent to $3000 dollars over here.

6Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:24 pm

The poor bugger didn't sell his bike on eBay. Another K spared the ignominy of the spare parts bin yet again, or a re-list!?

7Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:10 am

Dennis

Dennis
Platinum member
Platinum member
Phil, TWB, yep, I agree, about 3 grand is what I paid for mine (1988KRT) 4 years ago. But, the bike was only fair condition, though very original. So, as usual, by the time I got it to where I wanted it to be, and was confident it was now reliable, I had spent a total of $6K. I'm happy with that, having now covered 45,000 Kms in the 4 years, with most of them being 2-up touring, mainly in Vic/NSW. She was once a cop bike, but no evidence of that life can be seen now. Oh yeah, I guess my single biggest expense was the 1989 engine from an LT with 100,000K's. I needed to fix the loose rivet problem (which I think is more prevelant after the cops have their "fun"), so I went for a complete engine for $600, I thought that was reasonable.

8Back to top Go down   One man's bargain... Empty Re: One man's bargain... on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 am

It's a re-list! Came up only just a while ago. Maybe I should go to Melbourne and have a squiz at it - for spare parts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum