BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gmac

Gmac
Hi folks,
The rig has had a few more mods done with a K75 solid top triple clamp fitted.  This has made the world of difference.  The steering immediately improved in the more direct (sharp) responses.  It’s a shame I had previously fitted new handle bars clamps and rubbers due a clamp stem shearing. The K100 top triple with these now go into spares.   
I have read through the past conversations which referenced the additional loads put on the head stocks of the bikes with sidecars which led to the head stock failure (I assumed at the welds) also that (Al-58) among others has done this strengthening.

SO gents what I’m looking at doing the same and would like more information,pictures, etc.

Cheers
Gordon

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
You can also add some 1/8" thick thrust washers above and below the rubber on the K100 handlebar mounts to firm them up.  I did that for my K100.

Bracing the k100 head stock - how and where K100.demush.washers

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Gmac

Gmac
Thanks Duck ,
but I'm well pass that point I don't have those clamp posts or rubbers to worry about any more.

Cheers Gordon

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I wasn't recommending that for you since you've already swapped in the K75 fork tree. Just throwing it out as another option for others who might be reading this thread.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]