BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    1985 k100rt seat on Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:24 am

Aconomy85

I have a stock 1985 oem seat that was on my bike. I replaced it with a russell all day. It is in good condition but does have some minor cracks. No hardware under the seat as I swapped out all of it for my russell seat. I'm not sure what to ask as a price so make offers?

2Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 am

Aconomy85

I'm located in the eastern panhandle of West Virginia if someone needs a seat I'll let it go cheap!

3Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:37 pm

Two Wheels Better

For North America customers that's a one year only fitment, 1986 on being a different design. But for the Rest of the World, it's 1983 thru '85.

I'd check fleaBay for the going rate.

1987 K100RS, '93 Framed K11/K12 engine 'Big Block', '09 K1300GT, '07 K1200R, '04 R1150RT, '95 R100 Mystic, '77 R75/7.
Sniff...can you smell that? I think it might be bullsh*t.

4Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Woodie

Gold member
Gold member
Would this be a "Comfort" seat? As opposed to the "Uncomfortable" seat on my '85. Is the steel base the same on both seats? My K is North American and was built in January of that year.

5Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Aconomy85

Not sure if it is different. I believe it is the stock seat but I can't verify that.

6Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Laitch

Life time member
Life time member
@Woodie wrote:Would this be a "Comfort" seat? As opposed to the "Uncomfortable" seat on my '85.
It's a stock dual seat for that model year. A comfort seat is dished and curved. The second image in this post is a comfort seat.

7Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Woodie

Gold member
Gold member
Thanks Laitch. My own stock seat has a much smaller step between the front and pillion and I've never seen a Comfort seat in the flesh.

8Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:13 am

caveman

Silver member
Silver member
Woodie, If you would have looked closer when we met at the dinner you would have seen one in the flesh. I have a comfort seat on my 75 and if I'm not mistaken 7.5 had one as well.

I have a RDL seat on a 85 k100 and it is good for long all day riding but I like the comfort seat better because I ride back roads (2 lane) most of the time with lots of turns and stops. In other words the RDL is made for one position and not easy to move around on and the comfort seat is a better compromise. I also have a corbin canyon seat that is firm and slick, great for aggressive riding but not so much for touring. I'm not fond of the stock seat at all even though I have done some "iron butt" rides with one they are just to soft for that kind of riding for me.

You are welcome to borrow the RDL to try it for a while before you drop the cash for one. I also have a custom king&queen that fits the 85 you could try. Sorry but I don't have a comfort seat for a 85 (I don't think I've ever seen one). Maybe when the weather get better we could meet up, this time of the year I head south if I get out.

9Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:16 pm

Woodie

Gold member
Gold member
Sounds like a plan Caveman, I'm in! This past riding season was so not to plan for me. Riding into the eye of a hurricane might have been exciting but I'm glad (for the most part) we didn't get to do that. When things warm up and clear up I will be on my way south and headed your way. At the moment riding south will only get me into even more snow. At our last meet up I wasn't noticing details like the seats other than the custom seat on Robmack's.

10Back to top Go down    Re: 1985 k100rt seat on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:02 pm

caveman

Silver member
Silver member
Sorry I missed your post till now!

Ya, I didn't bag that ride till the last minute but there really was no place to go as the weather was just bad all over at the time. I don't mind riding in the wet and wind for a bit but to go out for a 5 or 6 day soggy windy mess just isn't fun. I guess I'm getting old.

Spring will come soon enough and a bunch of us up this way will be looking to scratch the itch. Maybe this year we can all get together for some wrecked beef!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum