You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

51Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:39 am

DBRMN

Platinum member
Platinum member
@glennpm wrote:Good!

I think the 1mm would work. If it bends too easy when you go to insert it, you'll know that you'll have to go with 1.5mm instead and certainly no thicker than that.
I'm definitely going to try this thank you so much for your help, and everyone else.

I think whats going to happen from here is I'm going to leave this thread till I'm actually trying to start the bike up, then I'll updated this thread daily as I start actually physically troubleshooting, thank you all so much for the information its going to make this a lot easier I think.

http://dbrmn.kforum-tech.com

52Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:46 am

glennpm

glennpm
Silver member
Silver member
Sounds like a good plan. BTW I've done the wool thing, holding it in with a juice can. When I went for inspection, the guy told me to go away, get a muffler and come back ;-)

I had great success with the washer idea on my Buell Ulysses. Much better lower to mid range torque with the washer. Open pipes are good for high RPM WOT and a waste on the street.

Glenn

53Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 am

DBRMN

DBRMN
Platinum member
Platinum member
@glennpm wrote:Sounds like a good plan. BTW I've done the wool thing, holding it in with a juice can. When I went for inspection, the guy told me to go away, get a muffler and come back ;-)

I had great success with the washer idea on my Buell Ulysses. Much better lower to mid range torque with the washer. Open pipes are good for high RPM WOT and a waste on the street.

Glenn
(o)Yeah I bet, its quite funny. I'm going to experiment with the washers, who doesn't love fixing their torque curve. Hopefully eventually I'll get my bike to an actual dyno and tuner, but I think thats a lot further down the line.

54Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:59 am

glennpm

glennpm
Silver member
Silver member
Your bike looks great!!

55Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 pm

DBRMN

DBRMN
Platinum member
Platinum member
@glennpm wrote:Your bike looks great!!
Thank you so much been slow and steady progress, you should see my thread if your interested

56Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@DBRMN wrote:I'm definitely going to try this thank you so much for your help, and everyone else.
To get back on track, follow Chris's observations in posts #4, #11, #17, and 21. The throttle bodies can be balanced following instructions in links posted in post #1.

I'll now extrapolate a principle from firearm safety into this discussion. During your experiment with the V-baffle, point the muzzle of that exhaust canister in a safe direction away from anything you don't want to harm. cheers

57Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:51 pm

DBRMN

DBRMN
Platinum member
Platinum member
@Laitch wrote:
@DBRMN wrote:I'm definitely going to try this thank you so much for your help, and everyone else.
To get back on track, follow Chris's observations in posts #4, #11, #17, and 21. The throttle bodies can be balanced following instructions in links posted in post #1.

I'll now extrapolate a principle from firearm safety into this discussion. During your experiment with the V-baffle, point the muzzle of that exhaust canister in a safe direction away from anything you don't want to harm. cheers
I understand they can be balanced, the question was how much they will change things. I think Chris's most informative post was No. 15 for my application, as I know that everything on the bike worked perfectly and the only variable was the exhaust being removed to make it not idle, meaning my injectors, spark plugs etc.. were all fine.

58Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:40 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
If you turn it around and insert the bend in first a tighter grip on the pipe could be obtained. A large flat bladed screwdriver could be used to push it in with a couple of taps with a hammer if needed.
Regards Martin.

59Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@DBRMN wrote:I understand they can be balanced, the question was how much they will change things.
The procedure might allow the engine to idle with its current setup, as Chris alludes in post #4. The only way to determine the outcome is to do it.

60Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 am

DBRMN

DBRMN
Platinum member
Platinum member
@Laitch wrote:
@DBRMN wrote:I understand they can be balanced, the question was how much they will change things.
The procedure might allow the engine to idle with its current setup, as Chris alludes in post #4. The only way to determine the outcome is to do it.
Yeah ok I'll update this thread when I start.

61Back to top Go down    Re: Tuning My K100 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:19 am

DBRMN

DBRMN
Platinum member
Platinum member
@MartinW wrote:If you turn it around and insert the bend in first a tighter grip on the pipe could be obtained. A large flat bladed screwdriver could be used to push it in with a couple of taps with a hammer if needed.
Regards Martin.
True true but wouldn't this be more of a permanent set up? I expect it would be quite hard to get out

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum