BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty K100 water/oil pump housing problem Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
I have a problem with water/oil pump. My K100 is from 1983 so the old shape of gear was with the nut on the shaft instead o bolt. So what was precictable it was corroded and I broke it. I bought another pump but things inside looks different like number of tooths and also slightly different housing shape.The question is f both pumps on the pics are interchangable??? Also I have aproblem with removing the shaft (in "new" pump) from water sealant and housing, I punch with hammer with force but affraid to use bigger force not to brake something. Is that possible the shaft seizure inside sealant or rosted? If that is a matter of the higher accesive force..no problem, just wanted to be sure.K100 water/oil pump housing problem 20190210

http://www.xenum.pl

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
That's a K1100 pump, it will fit and work perfectly on a K100. I have one on my RT for about 10 years.

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for info. What about water sealant, are they similar in late K100 and K1100? Also I do not know why I can not pull out the gear, even when hit with the hammer. Is seizured or I did not unscrew something???

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
PiotrK100 wrote:Thanks for info. What about water sealant, are they similar in late K100 and K1100? Also I do not know why I can not pull out the gear, even when hit with the hammer. Is seizured or I did not unscrew something???
Does it rotate? If so it's not seized.

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
It is rotate, but can not pull out!!!! Must be the reason of some kind and I do not know what. MAybe there is something in that housing that must be unscrewed???

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
I recently rebuilt the water/oil pump on my K1100LT.  The shaft came out without much effort.  I think there must be rust/corrosion that is causing your problem.  I would just "get a bigger hammer" and drive it out.

Life time member
Life time member
PiotrK100 wrote:It is rotate, but can not pull out!!!! Must be the reason of some kind and I do not know what. MAybe there is something in that housing that must be unscrewed???
Nothing in the housing to hold the shaft except the old seal. I have ( in the past) put the pump in a big vice, with some wood to save the mating surface of the housing and enough space to squeeze the shaft out a little.

If you don't have a big vice use some timber blocks on the face and a piece to hit on the back. once dislodged it should come easily.

good luck

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
could it be, that he has the new ceramic type water seal already installed ?

advice would be not to try to change it ...as it must be destroyed to be removed

just a heads up

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum