BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:33 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
I have a problem with water/oil pump. My K100 is from 1983 so the old shape of gear was with the nut on the shaft instead o bolt. So what was precictable it was corroded and I broke it. I bought another pump but things inside looks different like number of tooths and also slightly different housing shape.The question is f both pumps on the pics are interchangable??? Also I have aproblem with removing the shaft (in "new" pump) from water sealant and housing, I punch with hammer with force but affraid to use bigger force not to brake something. Is that possible the shaft seizure inside sealant or rosted? If that is a matter of the higher accesive force..no problem, just wanted to be sure.K100 water/oil pump housing problem 20190210

http://www.xenum.pl

2Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
That's a K1100 pump, it will fit and work perfectly on a K100. I have one on my RT for about 10 years.

3Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks for info. What about water sealant, are they similar in late K100 and K1100? Also I do not know why I can not pull out the gear, even when hit with the hammer. Is seizured or I did not unscrew something???

4Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
@PiotrK100 wrote:Thanks for info. What about water sealant, are they similar in late K100 and K1100? Also I do not know why I can not pull out the gear, even when hit with the hammer. Is seizured or I did not unscrew something???
Does it rotate? If so it's not seized.

5Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:15 pm

PiotrK100

PiotrK100
Silver member
Silver member
It is rotate, but can not pull out!!!! Must be the reason of some kind and I do not know what. MAybe there is something in that housing that must be unscrewed???

6Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:11 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
I recently rebuilt the water/oil pump on my K1100LT.  The shaft came out without much effort.  I think there must be rust/corrosion that is causing your problem.  I would just "get a bigger hammer" and drive it out.

7Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Life time member
Life time member
@PiotrK100 wrote:It is rotate, but can not pull out!!!! Must be the reason of some kind and I do not know what. MAybe there is something in that housing that must be unscrewed???
Nothing in the housing to hold the shaft except the old seal. I have ( in the past) put the pump in a big vice, with some wood to save the mating surface of the housing and enough space to squeeze the shaft out a little.

If you don't have a big vice use some timber blocks on the face and a piece to hit on the back. once dislodged it should come easily.

good luck

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick! Mods: k1100 screen and stands.
K1: 1990. 6374189. Custom Stealth Black paint.

8Back to top Go down   K100 water/oil pump housing problem Empty Re: K100 water/oil pump housing problem on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:20 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
could it be, that he has the new ceramic type water seal already installed ?

advice would be not to try to change it ...as it must be destroyed to be removed

just a heads up

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OK100 water/oil pump housing problem Au-log10

"redframe" rs "bitsa"  with many contributions from the k100 community ,,with many thanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum