BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down   BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 Empty BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:46 pm

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
Hi 
   Does anyone know where I can get code for my radio? (BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A in a K1100lt 1992) I have tried BMW and tried with an online web-sight but no success. I seem to remember someone on hear discussing taking off the radio casing off and counting pins in order to get the code? Thanks in advance K.

    

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
I jumped through any number of hoops to find the radio code.  In the end I acknowledged reality and pulled the radio and antenna off the bike.  In the process of jumping through hoops I discovered that BMW dealer/Corporate communication leaves much to be desired.  I got the run around from both sources for the longest time.  The final chapter of the chase involved an English firm that maintains a website that sells the code recovery service.  It give details on how to find the "0101" code on the radio chassis, which is then sent to the company with a fee.  After you do this, additional information is provided. Essentially, you are told BTW, "If the code we send you fails to unlock the radio, it's because wrong codes have been entered too many times and the system is locked.  In that case, you must send us the radio."  
Well, you can guess how that turned out for me.  Sending the radio to England costs more than the radio is worth to me.  
I'm enjoying the extra storage space.


__________________________________________________
1996 K1100LT
    

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
@brickrider2 wrote:I jumped through any number of hoops to find the radio code.  In the end I acknowledged reality and pulled the radio and antenna off the bike.  In the process of jumping through hoops I discovered that BMW dealer/Corporate communication leaves much to be desired.  I got the run around from both sources for the longest time.  The final chapter of the chase involved an English firm that maintains a website that sells the code recovery service.  It give details on how to find the "0101" code on the radio chassis, which is then sent to the company with a fee.  After you do this, additional information is provided. Essentially, you are told BTW, "If the code we send you fails to unlock the radio, it's because wrong codes have been entered too many times and the system is locked.  In that case, you must send us the radio."  
Well, you can guess how that turned out for me.  Sending the radio to England costs more than the radio is worth to me.  
I'm enjoying the extra storage space.
Hi am starting to wonder if its not possible! may have to settle for a new head unit, shame as i wanted the hand controls vol/seek. Thanks anyway k.

    

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Yes. It is possible.  I've done it twice with these guys and the code I got back worked both times.

https://www.dndservices.co.uk/COD/?TR_ManuName=15&TR_modelid=10820


__________________________________________________
Current stable:
86 Custom K100 (standard fairing, K75 Belly pan, Ceramic chromed engine covers, paralever)
K75 Frankenbrick (Paralever, K11 front end, hybrid ABS, K1100RS fairing, radial tires)
86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com
    

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
You can get a Pioneer head unit to use with a CD-MR (marine unit) remote and you can watch Easy Rider while you're riding.

BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 Cdmr79

BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 Mvh7300


__________________________________________________
Current stable:
86 Custom K100 (standard fairing, K75 Belly pan, Ceramic chromed engine covers, paralever)
K75 Frankenbrick (Paralever, K11 front end, hybrid ABS, K1100RS fairing, radial tires)
86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com
    

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
@duck wrote:Yes. It is possible.  I've done it twice with these guys and the code I got back worked both times.

https://www.dndservices.co.uk/COD/?TR_ManuName=15&TR_modelid=10820
Brilliant thanks Duck! that`s the web page i was talking about, failing this i`ll be watching easy rider with your other suggestion!! thanks k.

    

7Back to top Go down   BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 Empty solved! on Wed May 08, 2019 6:12 am

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Just an up date, The company you sent me a link for Duck were very helpful (DND services) however the code generated did not work. I emailed the company looking for suggestions or information on where to send it. They emailed me back and said they had looked at it (I sent pictures of the radio with the case off) and suggested it may be an imported radio and told me to try code "1234" (which i taught this wont work!) but it worked!! so I am very pleased  Very Happy just need to get the other speakers working now! Laughing Thanks for the support this form is great! always helpful! K.

    

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
That's remarkable!  Now I'm wondering if that would also wake my radio up too....
Fine end to your quest!
However, I don't get the part about "imported model" as the radio I have is from Japan and I assumed it was typical of all such radios.  Then, every one would be "imported."


__________________________________________________
1996 K1100LT
    

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
I don't get the "imported" thing either as they are all Japanese from Clarion.


__________________________________________________
Current stable:
86 Custom K100 (standard fairing, K75 Belly pan, Ceramic chromed engine covers, paralever)
K75 Frankenbrick (Paralever, K11 front end, hybrid ABS, K1100RS fairing, radial tires)
86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com
    

10Back to top Go down   BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 Empty Re: BMW Radio CLARION PU9203A - K1100lt 1992 on Sun May 12, 2019 10:14 am

dakelvinator

dakelvinator
Silver member
Silver member
@duck wrote:I don't get the "imported" thing either as they are all Japanese from Clarion.
Hi Yes I was doubtful about this "imported" radio but hay it worked!  Very Happy  I am thinking that this just meant "not UK speck" maybe? as I can only tune in a limited number of stations. which is not an issue I just needed it to hook up my MP3 player. K.

    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum