BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Air Management Modification Empty Air Management Modification Fri May 24, 2019 3:23 am

George_Pap

George_Pap
Silver member
Silver member
Hello all. A kind of technical question.
I own a 1985 K100RT 
I want to know if replacement of the right hand side air filter black box containing the Mass Air Flow Sensor is possible. I read here and there mixed opinions. Some people say that early computer units as mine cannot adapt to air volume change, etc. 
I would really also like to replace the left hand side air box with 4 to one hose directly from throttle bodies to the output of the Mass Flow Air Sensor.
Any experience on that? Is it possible?
Tbank you

2Back to top Go down   Air Management Modification Empty Re: Air Management Modification Fri May 24, 2019 3:45 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It is possible but top end performance will suffer and most likely fuel consumption.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Air Management Modification Empty Re: Air Management Modification Fri May 24, 2019 6:22 am

George_Pap

George_Pap
Silver member
Silver member
Top end is not my main concern in any ways but consumption surely is since its a daily used bike . 
Thank you Rick

4Back to top Go down   Air Management Modification Empty Re: Air Management Modification Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:43 pm

mmceorange

mmceorange
Anything further?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum