BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Starter Relay Empty Starter Relay Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:55 am

MarkR

Can someone let me know where (in Australia prefferably) to get the best price for an 86 K100rs starter relay.

Thanks!
MarkR

2Back to top Go down   Starter Relay Empty Re: Starter Relay Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:04 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Mark, you could try Munich Motorcycles in WA although I have found the cheapest option is probably Motorworks or Motobins in the UK even including freight is much cheaper than locally bought and service is superb and damn fast.

Bikebandit in the US has a similar price and service to the UK and our dollar is/was? pretty good at the moment.

3Back to top Go down   Starter Relay Empty Re: Starter Relay Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:51 pm

Ned

Ned
Life time member
Life time member
I second that. Got a number of bits like seal and master cylinder kits from them. The trick is to get small/light parts from UK because they use cheap post office small package postage. Heavy items are ok but not as cheap. For example, water/oil pump kit postage cost was around 7 pounds. The same from WA postage is around AU$8. Not a big difference.

US suppliers appear to channel all their deliveries through couriers. That is cheap in the US but the second international transport is mentioned the price sky rockets. I've seen parts for $US10 and the postage $US40+ Sad It all depends how they ship.

the other source is to ring around the wreckers yards. I've seen complete bikes at, for example, Liverpool Wreckers (Emu Plains) not so long ago.

05/1986 (K55) K100RS Motorsport (Europe), Production Code: 0503, 110k km, VIN:0140519 (SOLD)
1976 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (naked)
1997 BMW K1200RS red, VIN: WB10544A1VZA22667

4Back to top Go down   Starter Relay Empty Re: Starter Relay Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 am

DBK

DBK
Hi Mark,

I recommend motorbins in the UK,
good on price and delivered to your door.
I have got parts from there cheaper than the wreckers here in Australia, delivered
DBK

5Back to top Go down   Starter Relay Empty Re: Starter Relay Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:30 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
+1 for Motobins.

Hey MarkR, can't you bash it (technical term) or at least pull it apart to see if you can get it working again?

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum