BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Milling some new inlet manifolds on Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:47 am

Tommy2305

Tommy2305
Since my Inlet manifold is leaking, I plan on milling som new ones out of billet aluminium with silicone hose, because why not Milling some new inlet manifolds  1f609Wink
Does anyone know if it is going to affect the engine in a bad way, that the internal angel/contour is made differently? 
I can only think that it will optimize flow, but maybe that will result in a lean mixture somehow?
The 3D drawing is my idea, compared to the 2D drawing which should be more or less like the original.

The whole idea came from this guy who casted his own at home and I really liked the idea 
https://bmwk100k75.weebly.com/air-leaks.html

Close up pictures of an inlet manifold from different angles would really be appreciated! Even an old knackered one bounce 

And at last, can anyone confirm the measurements on the last picture? 

Milling some new inlet manifolds  Img_1111
Milling some new inlet manifolds  Img_1110
Milling some new inlet manifolds  Skzirm10

2Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:05 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
neat idea

perhaps these pics from an unmolested rubber will help ?

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190824

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190825

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190826

don't forget , the design of the rubber is to interface the throttle body inside diameter to the inlet port

generally without too much change in diameter (although one can see that bmw did do some change in diameter )

the diameter of the port side should match the head  and on the rubber adaptor this is easy to achieve

Milling some new inlet manifolds  2013-111

good luck

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OMilling some new inlet manifolds  Au-log10

"redframe" rs "bitsa"  with many contributions from the k100 community ,,with many thanks

3Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:54 pm

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
You need the slight internal cone shape because it accelerates the mixture into the combustion chamber.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

4Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Tommy2305

Tommy2305
Thank you Charlie, i really apreciate your effort with the measurements and pictures! And i Think Everyone like unmolested rubber better 😂

I think the only messurement i need is the total height and Also from the top down to the groove where the throttlebody sits om top of (internally) 😊
If you have the time to do it i can’t thank you enough

5Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Tommy2305

Tommy2305
Maybe you misunderstood me dai, i’m going to chance the coneshape to different angle which should help the engine pulse

6Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hope this helps

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190830

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190831

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%OMilling some new inlet manifolds  Au-log10

"redframe" rs "bitsa"  with many contributions from the k100 community ,,with many thanks

7Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:50 am

Tommy2305

Tommy2305
Thank you, this is a big help! I really appreciate the effort 😃👍🏻

8Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:54 am

Tommy2305

Tommy2305
@charlie99 wrote:hope this helps

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190830

Milling some new inlet manifolds  20190831

cheers

Charlie do yo know the diameter of the inlet port? I might adjust the diameter so I fit directly on to the inlet port to achieve a good flow. Also do you know the diameter of the o-ring which is seated under the inlet manifold?

best regards

9Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:30 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
there is no ring under the rubber on k100 8 valve types .that I have seen ..I think there is one under k1100 - k100 16 valve types , because the rubber integrates the injector as well .

if you look at one of the earlier pics I posted in this thread ...you could guess the port diameter ....the one shown maybe about 1/2 a mm larger than stock  because I rework the inlet path to take out irregularities , get rid of the short turn lip and mod the valve guide  for better flow , which works well .

10Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Tommy2305

Tommy2305
@charlie99 wrote:there is no ring under the rubber on k100 8 valve types .that I have seen ..I think there is one under k1100 - k100 16 valve types , because the rubber integrates the injector as well .

if you look at one of the earlier pics I posted in this thread ...you could guess the port diameter ....the one shown maybe about 1/2 a mm larger than stock  because I rework the inlet path to take out irregularities , get rid of the short turn lip and mod the valve guide  for better flow , which works well .
Okay Thank you. I might make these ones with a o ring under the bottom. But I think I will make the smaller diameter in the inlet manifold around 30.50 mm then, to avoid having a big edge which will prevent flow.

11Back to top Go down   Milling some new inlet manifolds  Empty Re: Milling some new inlet manifolds on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:31 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
that sounds about right

Milling some new inlet manifolds  112350

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum