BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog
Silver member
Silver member
It's a two-piece cosmetic body panel with two sets of three horizontal slits above the headlight. It appears to also need a corresponding back-piece.

The larger of the two visible pieces was always painted. I am looking for this piece painted black (best), or primed (2d best), or any other color (acceptable 3d best). The other two pieces were always black unpainted plastic.

I am looking for this assembly to hide my East Coast's favorite $$$ toll collection device, the E-Z Pass transponder, within.

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
No need to hide your E-Z Fleece in the cockpit nacelle.  I attach mine to the inside of the tail cowl cover.  It's out of any weather, the sight of possible pilferers, and works great.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

mw074

mw074
WTB: K100 or K75 "cockpit" or headlight nacelle assembly. Img_1012
I have this. I sent you a PM.

DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog
Silver member
Silver member
Point-Seven-five wrote:No need to hide your E-Z Fleece in the cockpit nacelle.  I attach mine to the inside of the tail cowl cover.  It's out of any weather, the sight of possible pilferers, and works great.

Thank you... tried that, kind of. I run a top case on top of the cowling, and I have my E-Z Pass transponder inside the top case. Unfortunately, here in Virginia & Maryland, the E-Z Pass toll gantries and toll booths do pick up my E-Z Pass transporter in my top case, but intermittently and randomly. There is also, almost always, a time lag at toll booths (on-ramp & off-ramp) which is undesirable. Perhaps the various East Coast implementing states and cities have slightly differing transponder-reading equipment?

Besides, in chatting with someone here, I just realized that the plain-Jane K100 nacelle also hides two round horns behind those horizontal slits above the headloght. I already run two Fiamm Freeway Blaster coiled horns off a horn relay in front of the engine, so... can't ever have too many horns haha.

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
The orientation of the E-Z Fleece unit is very important.  I have found that the side with the Velcro has to face up to the E-Z Fleece readers above you or it won't work.  Attaching it inside the tail cowl cover puts it into the correct position and angle to be read.  Unless you have a very early brick with a steel seat pan, there is nothing in the way that will degrade the radio signal with that mounting location.

I have traveled a very large chunk of the U.S. and Canada with this setup, and have yet to have a problem.

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]