BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog
Silver member
Silver member
Now that I have mounted a water temp sensor and gauge, I can really appreciate how fast my K75 heats up on a hot mid-Atlantic day in heavy city traffic.

The water temp sensor is at the bottom of the water cooling system, so I'm sure that the water temp is likely hotter in other places within the water circuit.

Having now read the forum fan manual switch thread(s), all I need is the switch itself. Anyone have extra switch(es) just laying around? If so, pls PM me. Thank you in advance.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I managed to source the switches I needed off the Café crowd. If you pop out the lens you can wet and dry off the OEM switch identification markings and follow up by a buff with plastic polish. You can then go to an automotive or electronics shop and buy a sheet of stick on switch markings. Cut the marking to size and apply to the switch and then coat with clear lacquer or nail polish this will help preserve it from the weather. I know the picture has the switches upside down.
Regards Martin.WTB: a basic on/off K bike dashboard BMW rocker switch. Dash_s11

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
DadofHedgehog wrote:Now that I have mounted a water temp sensor and gauge, I can really appreciate how fast my K75 heats up on a hot mid-Atlantic day in heavy city traffic.
It will help if you flush the cooling system then refill with a ratio of 60% distilled water and 40% long-life coolant. You aren't in frigid northern New England so that ratio might be suitable in your region and serve to moderate engine heating a little better.

DadofHedgehog

DadofHedgehog
Silver member
Silver member
Laitch wrote:
DadofHedgehog wrote:Now that I have mounted a water temp sensor and gauge, I can really appreciate how fast my K75 heats up on a hot mid-Atlantic day in heavy city traffic.
It will help if you flush the cooling system then refill with a ratio of 60% distilled water and 40% long-life coolant. You aren't in frigid northern New England so that ratio might be suitable in your region and serve to moderate engine heating a little better.

Done, while installing the water temp sensor & gauge. Thank you.

mw074

mw074
WTB: a basic on/off K bike dashboard BMW rocker switch. Img_1312
  Got one. On/Off or momentary. Email sent.

Last edited by mw074 on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum