BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   WTB: K100 Stand Empty WTB: K100 Stand 28/10/19, 02:04 am

Tjsunny2

Tjsunny2
Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a K100 center stand. It looks like mine snapped and was poorly re-welded so that it interferes with the side stand. I would prefer one that has not been repaired in the past. I am also interested din a side stand if you have it. The foot lever broke off of mine. 

Thanks,
TJ

Very Happy

2Back to top Go down   WTB: K100 Stand Empty Re: WTB: K100 Stand 28/10/19, 03:11 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Try to get the later K100 16v or K1100 straight leg stand. They don't rust and the bushes don't seem to wear as much.
Regards Martin.

3Back to top Go down   WTB: K100 Stand Empty Re: WTB: K100 Stand 28/10/19, 06:07 pm

Tjsunny2

Tjsunny2
MartinW wrote:Try to get the later K100 16v or K1100 straight leg stand. They don't rust and the bushes don't seem to wear as much.
Regards Martin.

If I can find one of those I'll be all over it. It was looking like my Ebay options are all form Europe.

4Back to top Go down   WTB: K100 Stand Empty Re: WTB: K100 Stand 28/10/19, 08:04 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
If you can't get the latter stand and end up with another curved leg stand there are things that you can do. Inspect the internal when you buy it if possible or ask for the condition of the plugs. The reason they rust out is the plugs crack or fall out allowing water to enter and sit in the bottom of the curve. 

Remove the rubber plugs on the feet and clean out the internals with a wire brush attached to a drill. Apply rust neutraliser then fill the legs with a metal preservative like LPS 3 or Fisholene and refit new plugs. Every second service check that the plugs are in good condition. I used to pull my plugs every couple of years and reapply LPS 3 until I bought new plugs.
Regards Martin.

5Back to top Go down   WTB: K100 Stand Empty Re: WTB: K100 Stand 31/10/19, 04:37 pm

Tjsunny2

Tjsunny2
MartinW wrote:If you can't get the latter stand and end up with another curved leg stand there are things that you can do. Inspect the internal when you buy it if possible or ask for the condition of the plugs. The reason they rust out is the plugs crack or fall out allowing water to enter and sit in the bottom of the curve. 

Remove the rubber plugs on the feet and clean out the internals with a wire brush attached to a drill. Apply rust neutraliser then fill the legs with a metal preservative like LPS 3 or Fisholene and refit new plugs. Every second service check that the plugs are in good condition. I used to pull my plugs every couple of years and reapply LPS 3 until I bought new plugs.
Regards Martin.

Good call, Martin. I will keep this in mind. Still got my fingers crossed that an 1100 stand will come up.

6Back to top Go down   WTB: K100 Stand Empty Re: WTB: K100 Stand 01/11/19, 10:27 pm

NoSprk

NoSprk
Tjsunny2 wrote:
MartinW wrote:If you can't get the latter stand and end up with another curved leg stand there are things that you can do. Inspect the internal when you buy it if possible or ask for the condition of the plugs. The reason they rust out is the plugs crack or fall out allowing water to enter and sit in the bottom of the curve. 

Regards Martin.

Good call, Martin. I will keep this in mind. Still got my fingers crossed that an 1100 stand will come up.

i have a rust free k100 16v center stand id be willing to sell. PM me

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum