BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hi from Toronto, Canada Empty Hi from Toronto, Canada Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:49 am

gurka

gurka
Picked up a 87 K-100RS in San Diego last summer while I was living in San Francisco. Have moved back to Toronto now for good and bike is sitting at the border in Buffalo at a friend's place about to be exported and imported to Canada next week. Just in time to store it for the winter...

Bike is in good condition, I did a few things when i got it last year:
- new tires
- new clutch cable
- motor oil oring replacement - had a small leak

Has 2 issues would like to work on this year over winter:
- mirror on right side keeps falling off. Looks like the strange looking fastener 3-point locker is expanded and won't hold it in place on the little ball mount. Tried tightening the mount on the mirror but looks like it's lost it's strenght and I'll likely need a new complete mirror unit
- speedometer sometimes will drop to 0 while riding and not function for a minute, then it starts to work fine and won't do it again for a long while

IMG-4226
IMG-4213
IMG-4217

2Back to top Go down   Hi from Toronto, Canada Empty Re: Hi from Toronto, Canada Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:36 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard

the mirror fastening clips can be replaced with new

often the speedo sensor connection under rhs sidecover can be corroded  in addition to wear of the instruments connector  and other little things inside the instruments ...I guess its galvanic corrosion issue   good luck
 lots of entrys to that fix throughout the forum   use the search feature found on the "portal page "

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

3Back to top Go down   Hi from Toronto, Canada Empty Re: Hi from Toronto, Canada Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:59 am

gurka

gurka
charlie99 wrote:welcome aboard

the mirror fastening clips can be replaced with new

often the speedo sensor connection under rhs sidecover can be corroded  in addition to wear of the instruments connector  and other little things inside the instruments ...I guess its galvanic corrosion issue   good luck
 lots of entrys to that fix throughout the forum   use the search feature found on the "portal page "

cheers
Great thanks for the tip on the mirror fastener clips. Do you know where i could order those?

4Back to top Go down   Hi from Toronto, Canada Empty Re: Hi from Toronto, Canada Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:08 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
try a bmw dealer , bobs bmw in the states etc or other suppliers ,  they aren't expensive

or

out here we get a lot of stuff from either motorworks   or motobins in the uk  freight extra of course  so best to order with a number of parts to share out the cost

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum