BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Am slowly reassembling parts bike and am after this (and more no doubt)

Switch gear = all items in unit that screw to throttle / front brake MC... starter button, lights and indicator.

Brake Pipe = connects flexible pipe to rear caliper.

If you are after anything, maybe a barter is possible. Please let me know.

Thanks

Guy (Wollongong)

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good luck Guy

these things aren't too hard to come by ....but the master cylinder is a rarity to find in "good condition "

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

td5

td5
Platinum member
Platinum member
Hi Guy,
Motorworks in GB might be your best bet for good second hand stuff.
Cheers
Mike

2015 / K1300R
2002 / R1100S BCR

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Your local automotive brake shop should be able to make one up for you. You could also try Pirtek.
Regards Martin.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep got my brake lines made locally for $30.00 each , and looks nice too

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Question: is it legal or illegal in Oz to make your own brakelines? I've been making my own for years. If you look at any of the pics I've posted showing the inside of my garage, hanging up over the leftside workbench and quite obviously visible are three rolls of Earls brake hose.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I think it's a bit off a grey area. You can buy all the gear to make them, and I've never seen them checked.However if you were involved in an accident that was caused by a faulty brake line that you made, you could be sued and charged. Brakes hoses are checked by the manufacturer to 3000 Psi and must conform to Australian & International standards... ADR42/04 FMVSS106.
Regards Martin.

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Thanks for the replies and suggestions

Just to clarify, I am only after the switch assembly - not the Brake Master Cylinder (have two spares) nor the throttle assembly on the handle bars. 

Switch gear to include: 
indicator switch, light switch, starter and cut out switches, plastic surround as well as wiring back to plug under tank. 

If no bite locally, UK it is.

On the brake pipe, may well end up going to local brake shop.

Thought I had one and emptied garage of about 8 boxes of spares. Had crap everywhere. No luck.

Anyone got an idea what a K1100 front end it worth? Used but good condition: forks, brace, brake calipers, abs sensor and disc, also have front wheel with brake discs, rear wheel with good tire. I was going to use them but will stay with all K100 parts. 

Regards

GF

JR_K100RS

JR_K100RS
Life time member
Life time member
Hello Guy , I may have the little pipe for the rear brake , I've upgraded to a one piece braided one so don't need it , I'm assuming it's the short 3-4 inch bit with an approx 45 degree bend in it ?

let me know

John Re

Melbourne Australia

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum