BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:22 pm

Tel

Tel
HI All
My indicators/flashers stopped working. I have traced the fault to a component on the PC board of the flasher relay. However, as the component has overheated I cannot read the information on it to get a replacement. I have indicated the component on the picture below. It's the one right in the corner of the board. I believe it is a capacitor. Any info or a picture of a good one with the writing visible would be a great help Thanks
Problem with indicators Cap_pr10

2Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:30 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Are you sure you can't read what's written on the side of it? It doesn't look that far gone from the picture..

All you need is the uf rating and voltage which should be written on it several times. I'd love to help you with this but sadly Inge took it upon himself to post the diagram in a resolution so small that any such detail is lost. Anyone got a better version?

3Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:13 pm

Tel

Tel
Thanks for looking at the post

This is not my unit just a good picture of one I found on the net. Mine has nothing left to read on it. All I know is that the capacitor went short circuit and overheated one of the resistors. I have changed the resistor but need to do the capacitor. I found the schematic that was posted but like you can't read the values as the resolution is not good enough. Will keep hoping that someone has one they can photograph for me even if they know nothing about electronics.

Tel

4Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:28 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Ahh, gotcha.

Here's a better version of the diagram, any idea of which capacitor it is?? I can't see any which have a uf rating for an electrolytic of that size but then I don't understand what 2u2 or whatever means. Would 2u2 be 2200?

5Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:35 pm

Tel

Tel
That's awesome thanks so much. I will have a look later when I get in. It took out a 75 ohm resistor connected to it so I think it might be C10 - especially as it is also directly connected to pin 14 of one of the chips. 

Thanks again
Tel

6Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:58 pm

Tel

Tel
New one ordered (actually 10 new ones as I couldn't buy just one) - cost including postage £3.50 - much better than getting a new unit!
Thanks again

7Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:20 pm

Snod Blatter

Snod Blatter
Life time member
Life time member
Glad to help, but really you should thank the owner of this forum because that diagram is hosted on his site! Cool

8Back to top Go down   Problem with indicators Empty Re: Problem with indicators Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Tel

Tel
Then thanks to him too!!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum