BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty New Member from NH, USA Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:50 am

mmceorange

mmceorange
Just picked up an 85 K100 RT(?) in decent shape for $1500 with some spare parts the other day. Previous owner started a cafe racer build, but, to put it politely, is not really to my tastes, and most of the fairings are already gone, sadly.

I've been wanting to get back on a motorcycle again for a long time, just couldn't decide what to invest in. I was leaning towards the scrambler style for a while, I did like the look of the Triumphs in particular, but never was a fan of the exhaust style. Then I started looking at brats and cafe racers, but still wasn't really sure what direction to go in... That is until I saw Restorides' dark blue and black K100 build.. I fell in love with that bike and instantly decided on a K100 build.
Since then I've been reading a lot, watching videos, saving a lot of pictures, and collecting bookmarks for resources and parts.

I've learned that a K1100 probably would be a better starting point, given some of the modifications I have in mind, but I'm a fan of the Y-spoke wheel look, and from what I understand, I would have to downgrade the front end to use them on an 1100.

Anyway, I'll probably be lurking around for a while, until I have something to add!

Sean

Last edited by mmceorange on Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:26 am

Arlina

Arlina
Welcome Mmceorange Smile

Grab a chair and start reading here at the K-house, and post some pics for us Smile

3Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:08 pm

mmceorange

mmceorange
I'm slowly developing a strong disdain for the previous owner of this bike.. Starting to wish I had picked up an unmodified k, but I'd feel bad cutting it up. At least this one already had the tail cut off.. 

Gradually fixing things as I find them and have time. I'm really itching to do some major work to this thing, but trying to enjoy it during riding season. When the weather gets too cold to ride, I'll start a full teardown in preparation for some somewhat crazy plans that will probably change several times by then.

4Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:05 am

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from Idaho.   cheers

5Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:02 pm

mmceorange

mmceorange
brickrider2 wrote:Welcome from Idaho.   cheers
Thanks!

6Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Ya Sean welKome to the Knuthaus. Previous owners often do have a lot to answer for.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

7Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:11 pm

Stumpy

Stumpy
Silver member
Silver member
Hello from London.

8Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:00 am

mmceorange

mmceorange
RicK G wrote:Hi Ya Sean welKome to the Knuthaus. Previous owners often do have a lot to answer for.
Ugh it gets worse every time

9Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:09 am

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Greetings from OZ. I have the bit you're missing if you wish to backtrack.
Regards Martin.
New Member from NH, USA Re-loo11

10Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 am

mmceorange

mmceorange
MartinW wrote:Greetings from OZ. I have the bit you're missing if you wish to backtrack.
Regards Martin.
Haha actually I read that whole thread a while back. You guys are pretty entertaining

1985 K100RT
1993 K1100RS

11Back to top Go down   New Member from NH, USA Empty Re: New Member from NH, USA Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:14 am

mmceorange

mmceorange
By the way, here's some pictures of the bikes

K100, basically how I bought it
New Member from NH, USA Dsc_3810

"FranKenHundred" Current
New Member from NH, USA Dsc_4010

K1100 as bought (hasn't changed)
New Member from NH, USA Screen11

1985 K100RT
1993 K1100RS

Sponsored content