BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Handlebar Swap Empty Handlebar Swap on Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:40 pm

Canadakbike

Canadakbike
Hello,

I am changing my RS bars for LT bars.

The problem I am having is that the throttle cable that I have is not the Chain type.

Original Part #32 72 2 310 498 9

The length that fits is a part # 32 73 1 457 378 but does not have the same end as mine.

It there a different part that matches the handle end?

2Back to top Go down   Handlebar Swap Empty Got it! on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:14 pm

Canadakbike

Canadakbike
Thanks for the help.
My RS is a 90' has a shorter cable by 150mm.

3Back to top Go down   Handlebar Swap Empty Re: Handlebar Swap on Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Davep

Davep
Silver member
Silver member
I to was looking at changing to the LT bars for my RS, however, I went for the 'C' bars in the end and they have made a world of difference with riding position. the added bonus is I didn't need to change any cables/ electrics or lines, it was a simple swap over.

Might be worth a thought, especially when you start adding up the cost of cables, brake lines etc.

Best of luck what ever you choose.

Dave

4Back to top Go down   Handlebar Swap Empty Re: Handlebar Swap on Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:42 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Life time member
Life time member
I had this done on my K 1100 RS. Don't remember there was the same problem with different cable ends. My suggestion would be that you contact Motorworks UK through their web site and consult with them - you can order the cable at the same time (new or used one)

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Shop/Parts.php?T=5&NU=15&M=40&Ct=QA&SbCt=BA_15_40_QA_50

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum