BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Amongst my recent K75s panel and bits was this. Although disassembled it looks in good condition and worth putting a bit of effort into. I'll either get it back together or go mad trying.  Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. 8157 
Regards Martin. Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. P3300010

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I was making progress until I found that I seem to be missing a circuit board. I'm using an early set of instruments as a reference which is different. Mine appears to never have had the larger board which is attached to the speedo face. I don't know whether I can remove the circuits from the early board to make it work. The early one has a red light next to the 4L fuel light with a small silver label with Japanese characters on it, a red and yellow wire goes from the light to the larger circuit board. Three wires black blue and red go from this board to the board that is missing.
Regards Martin.
 Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. Instru11
 Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. Instru12

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Check with Charlie as he has my old 83 instrument cluster. I had found that after about 35 years bit by bit things started to fail and ended up using the later cluster with the bulb to the fuel light removed. Because the sender unit is different the light would remain on all the time.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Stan, I've sort of come to the conclusion that the light and the larger circuit board were probably a Japanese only thing.  I wish I could read Japanese? It could possibly be a speed warning light that came on when a certain speed was reached.  I have an idea that I could remove the circuit board I'm missing and leave the light and it's board behind. However I would prefer to keep the early instrument panel intact A/ Because I've never seen it before, and I have searched. B/ Because a mate has an early brick and he might need it someday.

At this stage it is all assembled ready to go minus that circuit. If anyone has a wrecked instrument pod with the missing circuit board or that circuit board please contact me and we can do a deal.
Regards Martin.
 Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. P3300110

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
MartinW wrote: Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. Instru12

I'm fluent in Japanese.  That's a "Low on Toilet Paper" warning LED.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Arrr So

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Finally had a breakthrough the first two characters are speed the second two are alert. Still working on the fifth.
Regards Martin.

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Google has a phone app that reads Kanji:
https://mashable.com/2017/01/26/word-lens-japanese/

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Unfortunately my phone has had a lobotomy. It is no longer smart. I am satisfied that the light is a speed warning, possibly to warn when you go into light speed.  Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. 652573
Regards Martin

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Japan has a max speed of 80kph and most of the bikes I have seen that are grey imports from there have a blue light that comes on if you go over 80 kph

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Rick.  Instrument Pod Assembly ?? Today's Corona Project. 112350

gorio

gorio
Silver member
Silver member
If you come up with a clearer photo of the text I can ask a friend in japan to translate it for you.

Avenger GT

Avenger GT
Life time member
Life time member
Yes it's a speed warning light. One of my cousins had a Jap import Nissan Sunny that had an audible warning that activated at 80 kph. It was very rapidly disconnected with a wire cutter.

gorio

gorio
Silver member
Silver member
Strange.I have spent sometime in Japan and found the highway speeds to be 100kph or higher posted speed and have been pasted by people doing twice that. Although i have never imported bikes I have import dozens of cars over the years, mostly BMW's but Nissan, Honda, Toyota and Mercedes all built for the Japanese Market and none have had a warning light at 80kph.

Some years back there were limiters on some of the cruise controls usually about 110kph. but with the cruise off the cars were normal.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Gorio I have managed to translate four out of the five characters first two represent speed the next two represent alert.
Regards Martin.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum